PDA

View Full Version : Areola size?

Rhinocerous
12-29-2005, 07:05 PM
My girlfriend is self conscious of her nipples. Her areolas are about nickel-size, and she thinks they are too small. She does have very large breasts, by the way, just relatively small areolas.

Anyway, I never really thought about areola size until she brought it up, but come to think of it, I guess I do prefer larger areolas. Some women have HUGE areolas, which are amusing but not necessarily attractive IMHO.

Iím curious . . . any women happy/unhappy with their areola size? So much emphasis is on the size of the breasts themselves, nobody ever addresses the areola size issue. Men, do you have a preference? Also, do men ever get those huge areola like women sometimes get?

Dag Otto
12-29-2005, 07:13 PM
Some women have HUGE areolas

Ah, yes. Pancakes!

Lightnin'
12-29-2005, 07:39 PM
I highly prefer small areolas. Which is strange, now that I think about it- I've got fairly wide preferences in just about every other female body part.

silenus
12-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Somewhere in the archives is a post I did on the 8 basic nipple/areola types. Pancakes are Type 6.

Askia
12-29-2005, 07:43 PM
Somewhere in the archives is a post I did on the 8 basic nipple/areola types. Pancakes are Type 6. I'm thinking of the c-word. And for once it's not between a woman's thighs.

Askia
12-29-2005, 07:46 PM
I knew a black girl named Areola once. (Pause.) Man, was she a boob.

THANK YOU. All week!

silenus
12-29-2005, 07:54 PM
I'm thinking of the c-word. And for once it's not between a woman's thighs.

Cultured? Compulsive? Completely bat-shit? :D

JimSox5
12-29-2005, 08:01 PM
I personally do not have "pancakes," but I knew a guy who did. He always had some cute nicknames.

Askia
12-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Cultured? Compulsive? Completely bat-shit? :D You tease.

Cite, gawddammit.

Anastasaeon
12-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I hate mine. One of my best friends once flashed me her boobs, and her areolas were about the same size as mine. She then said, "I hate my nipples. I have great big old Granny-nips!" I've called mine that ever since.

I don't think they're quite "pancake" (I've seen much larger), but they're not those nice, cute little areolas I like so much. Sigh. I hate my boobs. I want cute ones. I want to do gymnastics again without knocking myself out cold.

Askia
12-29-2005, 08:13 PM
I'm cool with all sizes unless they're more than a mouthful.

Oh, wait. I have large hands.

silenus
12-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Found it. (http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/showpost.php?p=5894519&postcount=48) :D

Khadaji
12-29-2005, 10:24 PM
Some men like 'em big. Some like 'em small. There is no "right."

I like 'em small. But I like 'em big too.

C3
12-30-2005, 12:29 AM
At my first job out of college, my boss and one of the other employees got in a huge argument about areola size. Yeah, it was a classy place to work. Anyway, the consensus was that silver dollar size areolas (areolae?) and pencil eraser nipples were the ideal. Until that moment, I had never, ever considered that this was something that people even noticed.

danceswithcats
12-30-2005, 03:32 AM
Conical puffies.

Agent Foxtrot
12-30-2005, 04:42 AM
My girlfriend is self conscious of her nipples. Her areolas are about nickel-size, and she thinks they are too small. She does have very large breasts, by the way, just relatively small areolas.Perfect for me.

Adam

ShibbOleth
12-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Nice areolas are very important to getting good reception.

phall0106
12-30-2005, 08:13 AM

In light of your other posting about your co-workers, I'm seriously questioning this comment of yours...

Clothahump
12-30-2005, 10:11 AM
Well, nobody else seems willing to step up to the plate....

Rhinocerous? Anastasaeon? Pictures, please?

Hey, it's a tough job but somebody has to do it!

Ethilrist
12-30-2005, 10:19 AM
As the old saying goes, they're all the same size in the dark.

Man With a Cat
12-30-2005, 10:41 AM
Well, nobody else seems willing to step up to the plate....

Rhinocerous? Anastasaeon? Pictures, please?

Hey, it's a tough job but somebody has to do it!

You just beat me to it. I suggest a Doper "Show us your areolas" Thread.

Someone else go first.

Mahaloth
12-30-2005, 11:27 AM
As the old saying goes, they're all the same size in the dark.

Except for Bai Ling's.

Finagle
12-30-2005, 11:28 AM

Not if the hill is high enough.

Inigo Montoya
12-30-2005, 01:52 PM
If I were building my version of the perfect breast--quarters. Mine are about like that, but very hairy so they're hard to see unless you get right on 'em and...

Oh, and as for the effect of pancakes vs. dimes? I reckon they're a lot like penes: Once they're available for intimate use, size is only one of a dozen other happy concerns going on at the same time. I seriously doubt they'd ever be a deal breaker.

wonderlust
12-30-2005, 03:17 PM
They change with the moon, the mood, motherhood, milk, maturity, and with their own secret will.

bouv
12-30-2005, 04:50 PM
I reckon they're a lot like penes: Once they're available for intimate use, size is only one of a dozen other happy concerns going on at the same time.

Are there that many people using pasta for intimate purposes? :dubious:

danceswithcats
12-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Given that the optimum reception (areola=antenna) of an antenna is determined by: (for eighth-wave) areola length (substitute diameter for length) in feet = 117/frequency in megahertz, an 800 mHz radio signal would be best received by an areola of 1.8 inch diameter.

This is based upon a single areola. A pair of closely matched, but not identical areolae presents the query of a dipole vertical or horizontal antenna array, dependent on the antenna position. Input, Q.E.D.

Perhaps this explains why police, fire, and EMS have been moving their radio operations to the 800 band. :p

danceswithcats
12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Missed question mark after Q.E.D., inviting our SDSAB member and radio man to comment. My bad.

Tibby or Not Tibby
12-30-2005, 08:39 PM
I believe that I speak for all men in saying that we prefer large inverted nipples with no areolas, correct?

Askia
12-30-2005, 09:02 PM

Rico
12-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Crickets have areolas?

Askia
12-30-2005, 09:27 PM
If you have to ask, you're not watching enough cricket sex.

Rick
12-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Rhinocerous Please tell your GF that there is no wrong size for an areola. Tiny to freaking huge they are all good. :D
If I had to pick my favorite her's might just be the ticket. :D :D

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright © 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Best Topics: is wigger racist worf brother phantom files lego glue feminine handwriting ink a dink washing raspberries lawn jockey snopes jeans inseam 31 ondelay spanish meaning 3g flip phones riddles fantasy william shatner height stare not into the abyss general delivery mail usps cesare borgia jesus snopes why are my eyes so blurry in the morning uses for ashes from fire pit does gas go bad? what is the hair on an elephants butt called waffle blanket with satin trim how long does homemade irish cream last matthew perry slurring on odd couple how does snorting work interactual player wont play dvd monistat for dog ear infection what is one click starter