PDA

View Full Version : What does the term "butterface" mean when used in describing women?

astro
08-11-2006, 09:59 AM
I've seen participants in Fark and some blog comment threads use this term in reference to women/girls they are discussiing. At first I thought maybe they meant "fat", but most of the women in question aren't all that hefty. What are they saying or implying with this term?

Cheesesteak
08-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Everything "butterface" is really hot.

badbadrubberpiggy
08-11-2006, 10:05 AM
What Cheesesteak said.

As in, "Sure, she's got a great body, but-her-face..."

jjimm
08-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Known in the UK as a "BOBFOC".

Body off Baywatch, face off Crimewatch

R. P. McMurphy
08-11-2006, 10:24 AM
Same as a "Penn Stater" - Nice uniform, ugly helmet.

MizGrand
08-11-2006, 10:42 AM
"Stacy Ferguson"

engineer_comp_geek
08-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I was under the impression (possibly wrong) that "butterface" comes from "butt or face", meaning that the girl in question either has a really nice butt and an ugly face, or a really nice face and an ugly butt.

DooWahDiddy
08-12-2006, 10:47 AM
I was under the impression (possibly wrong) that "butterface" comes from "butt or face", meaning that the girl in question either has a really nice butt and an ugly face, or a really nice face and an ugly butt.

Definitely never heard that. I suppose it could work, but every time I've heard it used, the woman's face was always the... uh, culprit.

Alex_Dubinsky
08-12-2006, 11:06 AM
when i hear butterface, it usually brings up the image of someone fat. but no, it means everything-but-her-face (so actually, she's pretty definately not fat). it also doesn't mean butt-or-face. that's just silly, butts aren't THAT important. also, why would someone have an expression which could mean either of two entirely opposite things?

I feel bad for butterfaces. They look good enough to get tons of hot guys interested for a one-night stand, but if they ever look to settle down they have to really settle down. they would probably be much happier having their features averaged over.

panache45
08-12-2006, 02:54 PM
Is she on the waiting list for a liver transplant?

Cluricaun
08-12-2006, 04:25 PM
A sub genre of the Butterface is the "Hoffa" which is one of those ladies that is Hot Only From Far Away. Up close, not so much. :p

DooWahDiddy
08-12-2006, 04:35 PM
A sub genre of the Butterface is the "Hoffa" which is one of those ladies that is Hot Only From Far Away. Up close, not so much. :p

I've also heard them called a "Seurat", for the same reason... :p

TLDRIDKJKLOLFTW
08-12-2006, 06:11 PM
UrbanDictionary.com is your friend (http://urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butterface)

cerberus
08-12-2006, 06:53 PM
butterface = but her face! :eek:

Alex_Dubinsky
08-13-2006, 03:00 AM
haha, hoffa, i like that.

what about a word for a girl who is ugly everywhere EXCEPt her face? or do we not pay any attention then?

Tangent
08-13-2006, 03:24 AM
This reminds me of Wayne's World on SNL:

Wayne: You know, the first time I heard the word "Scud", I thought it was like, you know when you see a really pretty chick walking down the street, about 30 feet away, and you saiy, "Hello! Babe alert!" Right? But when you get closer, you go, "Oh, my God! She's a scud!" It's just like the missile, right? You've got medium-range chick scuds, and long-range chick scuds.. it's brutal!

link (http://snltranscripts.jt.org/90/90kwaynesworld.phtml)

Noel Prosequi
08-13-2006, 06:01 AM

I've heard that referred to as an "LRF" - low-resolution fox.

Slight variant on the theme - the Lobster; delicious body, head full of shit.

Rigamarole
08-13-2006, 06:27 AM
UrbanDictionary.com is your friend (http://urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=butterface)

Liar! I have no friends.

Kalhoun
08-13-2006, 08:44 AM
Do you guys actually use these terms or have you just heard of them?

Noel Prosequi
08-13-2006, 08:59 AM

Me? No. Other peoples' pub "witticisms". In defence of myself (not much of a defence, granted) for appearing to support them, they are used not just by men with respect to women. Reverse calls just as common IME.

Bryan Ekers
08-13-2006, 09:28 AM

The version I heard was from "nice from afar, but far from nice."

Cardinal
08-13-2006, 09:13 PM
I've also heard them called a "Seurat", for the same reason... :pMe no get.

Anaamika
08-13-2006, 09:21 PM
My SO has a shirt that says butterface on it. :rolleyes: Him and his brother use it all the time.

Cluricaun
08-13-2006, 09:29 PM
Me no get.

As in Georges Seurat, the painter who painted in the pointalism style. From far away the pictures look like what they're supposed to be, but up close they look like a bunch of dots.

What Exit?
08-13-2006, 09:40 PM
For what it is worth, back in the day, girls that are now called "butterface" where called "Two-Baggers". Put one over her head and one over mine, in case hers break.
And yes, as 20 year olds I and others used terms like this. I am sure that you are not surprised that 20 year old males can be rude and crude when talking among themselves. ;)

Jim

robardin
08-13-2006, 09:54 PM
For what it is worth, back in the day, girls that are now called "butterface" where called "Two-Baggers". Put one over her head and one over mine, in case hers break.
Similarly there's the term Coyote Ugly, which refers waking up next to her after a drunken coupling to find your arm is trapped under her body -- rather than risk waking her up or rolling over, "like the wild coyote" you escape the trap by gnawing off your own limb.

And like the "two-bagger" expression, you can also find a "double coyote", where the truly desperate man will gnaw off both arms just in case the woman goes on the hunt for a one-armed man.

flurb
08-13-2006, 10:13 PM
As in Georges Seurat, the painter who painted in the pointalism style. From far away the pictures look like what they're supposed to be, but up close they look like a bunch of dots.

So. . . there are really fellas out there who reference French neoimpressionist painters when sizing up the girls at the bar? That's a recipe for an asswhuppin' where I come from.

Cluricaun
08-13-2006, 10:21 PM
So. . . there are really fellas out there who reference French neoimpressionist painters when sizing up the girls at the bar? That's a recipe for an asswhuppin' where I come from.

We be neoimpressionalizing all up in this bitch. Just how we roll. :D

easy e
08-13-2006, 10:37 PM
I've heard Monet used much more than Seurat. That could be the influence from the movie Clueless.

Best Topics: propylene glycol alginate corinna mura diane songs accenture background check jade empire threesome athf quotes doritos nacho cheesier hospital basements define colitas n backwards pudding skin singles word trademark clean laser printer guillotine consciousness original goofy lentil seasoning poppy seeds ebay glory hole locations trashy name polyester resin hardener ed hardy douchebag andorra extradition shrimp poop vein jane krakowski lesbian motorkote transmission cardiology puns airplane descending todd walker wife iron giant marathon checks memo line best idle game musk gland faternal police masterbating mom lowes redwood what to cook with leftover pork chops amazon fire stick pros and cons lg washer dryer combo lint removal urban fantasy series for guys la's totally awesome carpet cleaner ingredients how late does fedex deliver to residential hitachi magic wand target how to clean a scorched non stick pan how much coffee 12 cups mother in law songs most syndicated tv show reserve not met mean pluck or trim nose hair do female dogs have orgasems when do magazines come out 30 000 mile service smudges on glasses that won't come off when one party controls the executive branch and the other controls the congress why do they give multiple life sentences windows live mail error id 0x800ccc67 what happens if you call a fax number how to ground pc 5th grade kissing at school can you print your own checks surgical tubing for slingshots songs like i will follow you into the dark how to add liquid detergent to washing machine how to clean a stingray 3.5 best wizard spells mark tewksbury how it's made how do i know if i have a sound card friends around a campfire do cable splitters go bad