PDA

View Full Version : Active Ingredient: 89% dried BLOOD!!!!!!

Unintentionally Blank
08-04-2008, 07:21 PM
I picked up a 5.5 lb container of 'Uncle Ian's Mole and Gopher repellent' at the hardware store yesterday (I've got a vole problem.)

The wife's in another section getting some paint mixed so I'm reading the back label and come across the materials breakdown.

The other 11% is Bone meal and dried chili powder.

This thing's a Mexican horrorshow in a plastic jug!

Blood. What _kind_ of blood? The thought of some factory processing 'blood' on some huge industrial scale is kinda ooging me out.

I thought the big box hardware store was a pretty safe place to be. Now I come to find that it's a clearing house for second hand organ donations....

Heck, smear _my_ house with blood and bone meal, leave out the chili powder and make sure I know it....it'd keep ME away!

Just who IS this Uncle Ian any way? I don't remember having an Uncle Ian.

and just HOW did he determine the formula for his repellant? (Dueling banjos and chainsaws is playin' in the soundtrack of my mind. )

And don't get me started on the active ingredient of Revive Lawn treatment....it's mostly chickenshit!

(psssst: http://uncleians.com )

Paul in Qatar
08-04-2008, 07:24 PM
The foam firefighters use is also mostly dried blood, IIRC.

Ferret Herder
08-04-2008, 07:45 PM
Hmm, that beats the "Liquid Fence" rabbit repellent that contains coyote urine. :eek:

Sage Rat
08-05-2008, 01:30 AM
I guess voles aren't fond of the scent of blood--which makes sense. Would you want to hang out around someplace that smelled like Hannibal Lecter had been hanging out next door?

Sage Rat
08-05-2008, 01:32 AM
I'll also just note that your beef jerky is...well...

100% DRIED MUSCLE AND FAT

Mangetout
08-05-2008, 03:04 AM
Blood. What _kind_ of blood? The thought of some factory processing 'blood' on some huge industrial scale is kinda ooging me out. Don't panic - the blood probably comes from abbatoirs, which are serene, picturesque places.

CalMeacham
08-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Active Ingredient: 89% dried BLOOD!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I picked up a 5.5 lb container of 'Uncle Ian's Mole and Gopher repellent' at the hardware store yesterday (I've got a vole problem.)

The wife's in another section getting some paint mixed so I'm reading the back label and come across the materials breakdown.

The other 11% is Bone meal and dried chili powder.

This thing's a Mexican horrorshow in a plastic jug!

No it isn't -- it's Vampire Hamburger Helper !

Harmonious Discord
08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Dried blood is a great fertilizer that has been around forever. It's something that has been discouraging rabbits and the like for a long time. This product just packages it with pepper and bone meal which are also useful to deter animals. Basically you try it before getting out the traps and guns, because a hungry animal will eat from treated areas if they have better food. It's only the smell blood telling them danger that deters them. I'd put down blood and bone meal over the whole garden for fertilizer if I could afford it.

Unintentionally Blank
08-05-2008, 08:41 AM
I'll also just note that your beef jerky is...well...

100% DRIED MUSCLE AND FAT

They're made (http://terrybisson.com/meat.html) of Meat! (http://youtube.com/watch?v=gaFZTAOb7IE)

Dangerosa
08-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I use a combination of blood and bone meal in my gardens. IF I apply in regularly (which I haven't bothered to for two years) it actually keeps the deer away from the hostas, while fertilizing the plants. But it needs to be applied a lot, and its easier to plant things bunnies and deer don't eat.

Best Topics: dog genitalia the name wendy nickelodeon quotes manhole diameter make methylamine ese meaning titrate down lawn darts ebay cuffs sweatshirt chinese dice game ejaculate without touching monkey blood mercurochrome diopter magnification the moocher cfl bulb flickering claire kincaid cantrips pathfinder is gallium poisonous bundling board deadwood tiawan basket male fluffer horse hockey 170 decibels pursuit car alarms define gorgy expired sudafed monkey fucking gunilla hutton naked decreasing arrow derbyshire accent living in malibu quid pound six foot bathtub mucinex for runny nose attic fan speed controller how to unfreeze pipes underground how to become a heavier sleeper dead brain cells after stroke male female duo bands orange juice and gasoline frank sinatra musical style campho phenique canker sore remove soap from water sniffing instead of blowing nose what does cream of tartar taste like buy car direct from factory what smells like a skunk but isn't woody theres a snake in my boot what does snowblowing mean martial arts is bullshit that's when a smoke was a smoke how fast are camels selling me down the river five dollar bills with red serial numbers library check out cards golf ball hitting steel at 150 mph fake darth vader we have cookies did tolkien invent elves warrant officer vs officer is the us bicameral or unicameral statue of liberty hairdo songs about reunited lovers drilling into brick without hammer drill nausea every morning male what is your high school rank what is a bill fold romeo and juliet do you bite your thumb best ending for mass effect 3 are forearm tattoos a bad idea