View Full Version : Wonder pets question

08-19-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm watching the Wonder Pets (no I don't have kids. Shut up). And I'm wondering...is Linny a girl or boy? It sounds like a girl, but little boys of a certain age sound like girls.

This is sewious!

08-19-2008, 08:24 AM
As far as I can tell, Linny is a girl. I've seen her dressed in girl-clothes occasionally, like a traditional kimono in the "Save the Baby Crane" episode.

I don't have kids either.

Ellen Cherry
08-19-2008, 09:18 AM
I feel the need to report that I have kids, have seen the show, and DON'T know the answer to your question.

I did love the special episode about saving the Beetles, with them singing "Help!" Well, the commercials were cute, anyway. I didn't watch the show. :D

Unauthorized Cinnamon
08-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Linny is a girl. The other Wonderpets refer to her with feminine pronouns.

I'm glad I have the answers to the really important questions in life! :D

08-19-2008, 10:50 AM
I always assumed Linny was a boy, mainly cause I thought the name was Lennie, like Lennie Brisco. But now that I think about it, I guess it makes sense that Linny is a girl.

(I do have kids)

08-19-2008, 10:54 AM
While Wonder Pets isn't a show I'd watch voluntarily, I'm often exposed to it via my kid, and I've always understood Linny to be a girl.

Now, The Backyardigans, OTOH, I'd watch even without a kid around, just because the singing and dancing is so infectious. :D :cool:

08-19-2008, 12:04 PM
I thought her name was Ling-Ling.

Bryan Ekers
08-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Gleek could kick all their asses.

08-19-2008, 12:14 PM
I'm watching the Wonder Pets (no I don't have kids. Shut up). And I'm wondering...is Linny a girl or boy? It sounds like a girl, but little boys of a certain age sound like girls.

This is sewious! Awesome show. The only one my 4-year-old watches.

I agree with others that Linny is a girl. And a bossy little thing she is, too!

Ellen Cherry, I have not caught the Beetles one yet, but I am trying to! I have the DVR set to record all the episodes, so hopefully it will turn up soon. I was tickled recently when an episode called "Save the Cricket" turned out to be set in Chicago...the flyboat flies along the lakefront and over Wrigley Field! They sing blues-style and eat celery deep dish pizza at the end, of course! Very cool. :)

08-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Yeah, it's Ling-Ling, and she's a girl. I've watched a lot of Wonder Pets, so I'm an expert!

08-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Linny is the guinea pig, the duckling is Ming-Ming. The turtle's name is Tuck.

08-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Linny and Ming-Ming are both girls.

08-19-2008, 01:14 PM
From Wiki

Linny's gender has been a topic for some debate but conclusive evidence can be found in the episode, "The Wonder Pets save the Mouse". In this episode Linny is too ill to accompany her companions to the attic to save a baby mouse who becomes stuck in a saxophone. When Ming-Ming and Tuck suit up for the adventure, Ming-Ming emerges from the costume box wearing Linny's cape and Tuck is quick to admonish her stating that "Linny is sick and we should bring her cape to her." Thus, Tuck very clearly uses the feminine pronoun to refer to Linny.

I thought it was Lenny the Guinea Pig, so I thought that was a boy.

The Hamster King
08-19-2008, 01:16 PM
Linny is a girl!? :eek:

It's like The Crying Game!

08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
The first time that they jump out of the dress-up clothes box, they always have some costume related to the episode. If it's something that resembles actual clothes (as opposed to a costume that looks like a tree or some such), Linny & Ming Ming will have female clothes on, and Tuck will have male clothes on. This was how I picked up that she is a girl.

Best Topics: tsp pilot michael francis rizzi brakes rust expired syrup tod lubitch masonic penny cork hats rebar concrete driveway holding snake hitlers nickname night greeting medieval bath picklocking games painless suicide reddit girl friday origin pepperoni meme baboons kill milk tanker truck re roofing shed monetize birth certificate freon recovery cost ac line frozen steak raw aluminum gun barrel uk anal volume ml treasure stitching pathfinder braces fuck forty winks meaning nathaniel tattoo why did hitler ally with japan wells fargo to bank of america transfer how do you pronounce maori superman's weakness besides kryptonite why is green a primary color what do papayas taste like cane pulling off stage ps3 hdmi port replacement why do watches stop working when i wear them can you hold your breath until you pass out ratio of perimeter to area what to wear to blue man group menage e tois wine landscaping business name ideas at&t phone book delivery jobs 5 string bass tuning yellow stain on mattress fluorescent light works sometimes how do touch lamps work garbage disposal not spinning how much does it cost to build a cabin in the woods what is the owner of an llc called cookie clicker perfect idling drop of blood in water iron test mickey mouse in italy difference between milkshake and frappe what is microprinting and where is it located et al example in a sentence is xl and 1x the same thing what is oasdi taxable wages