PDA

View Full Version : Streets of Fire - Who the hell is Fire, Inc.?

Mr. Cynical
12-02-2000, 01:04 PM
After watching a saturday morning broadcast of this movie, I was struck by the realization that I STILL do not know who performed the songs in the movie. Sifting through the end credits, I see that the Ellen Aim and the Attackers songs were performed by Fire, Inc. Who is that? This question has been puzzling me for about ten years. I can't find any informatio nabout them whatsoever. I'm making the WAG that it was the name of the studio band put together specifically for the movie. I would still, however, like to know who the artists actually were, and most of all, what was the name of the female vocalist? It just couldn't have been Diane Lane!

Thanks!

yabob
12-02-2000, 01:24 PM
The songs in question were written by Jim Steinman, who also composed some of Meatloaf's material.

Credits on "Nowhere Fast":

Fire Inc.
Music, lyrics, produced and arranged by Jim Steinman
Lead vocals: Laurie Sargent, Rory Dodd and Holly Sherwood
Background vocals arranged and sung by: Rory Dodd, Holly Sherwood and Eric Troyer
Piano: Roy Bittan
additional keyboards: Jim Steinman
Drums: Max Weinberg and Jim Bralower
Bass: Steve Boslowe
Guitars: Rick Derringer and Davey Johnstone
Syntesizer: Larry Fast
Simmons drums and drum programming: Jim Bralower

Ringo
12-02-2000, 01:27 PM
From a review at Read the Movie (http://readthemovie.com/movies/music.cgi?B000002O1Q):

For those of you who might not know (it's pretty apparent in the production), Fire, Inc., the ensemble that performed Nowhere Fast and Tonight is What it Means to Be Young, was the brainchild of producer/songwriter extraordinaire Jim Steinman (Meat Loaf, Bonnie Tyler). There were three singers and a batch of session players including Steinman himself. One of the singers, Rory Dodd, was the male voice ("turn around bright eyes") in Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse of the Heart" and also sang on a couple Meat Loaf songs. Oh and we can't forget Elaine Caswell, who was later in another Steinman project called Pandora's Box (they sang the original version of Celine Dion's "It's All Coming Back to Me Now" - it's great).

Shayna
12-02-2000, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
...I STILL do not know who performed the songs in the movie... I would still, however, like to know who the artists actually were, and most of all, what was the name of the female vocalist?

From http://us.imdb.com/Soundtracks?0088194
"NOWHERE FAST"
Performed by Fire Inc.
Vocals: Laurie Sargent, Rory Dodd, Holly Sherwood, Eric Troyer
Written and Produced by Jim Steinman
"TONIGHT IS WHAT IT MEANS TO BE YOUNG"
Performed by Fire Inc.
Vocals: Holly Sherwood, Rory Dodd, Eric Troyer
Written and Produced by Jim Steinman

Further credits can also be found on this site: http://au.geocities.com/xay_au/artists/fireinc.htm, where it also mentions:
Though the life-span of Fire Inc was relatively short, most of the members returned five years later to form Pandora's Box.
Pandora's Box released only one album that I could find, Original Sin (http://cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1264426861/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=PANDORA%27S+BOX/itemid=431519), in 1988. You can find the lyrics to the tracks here: http://jimsteinman.com/pandoralyrics.htm

Shayna
12-02-2000, 05:08 PM
Additional credits for Pandora's Box can be found here: http://allmusic.com/cg/x.dll?p=amg&sql=A372188

Interesting to note (to me, anyway) that the arrangements were done by Todd Rundgren (I always wondered what happened to him).
Credits:
Todd Rundgren - Arranger, Vocals (bckgr)
Ellen Foley - Vocals
Jim Steinman - Keyboards, Producer
Darryl Tookes - Vocals (bckgr)
Tawatha Agee - Vocals (bckgr)
Larry Alexander - Producer, Engineer, Mixing
Roy Bittan - Piano, Producer
Jeff Bova - Synthesizer, Keyboards, Programming
Greg Calbi - Mastering
Elaine Caswell - Vocals
Rory Dodd - Vocals (bckgr)
Brenda King - Vocals (bckgr)
Curtis King - Vocals (bckgr)
Matthew Boomer La Monica - Assistant Engineer
Eddie Martinez - Guitar
Ray Palmer - Photography
Holly Sherwood - Vocals
Eric Troyer - Arranger, Vocals (bckgr)
Ed Sirrs - Photography
Don Ketteler - Coordination
Audrey Bernstein - Artwork
Laura Theodore - Vocals
Vanessa Thomas - Vocals (bckgr)
Gina Taylor - Vocals
The only former Fire Inc. vocalist who seems to be missing is Laurie Sargent.

Best Topics: nomads bikers mr antolini polarized windshield reddest natural hair throw shoe priests masturbate hans werner sahm rocky mozell define cuntwaffle jody preacher inedible animals putting dishes away 102nd airborne average comic length yiddish oye ant scouts cold pancakes shh in spanish denise milani boob junior programmer salary overtime tax bracket smoking rope zipper head menstrual cup sex garfield jon arbuckle 87 yamaha virago odd size jeans 4f military term melting pennies diablo vs wow helicopter vs helicopter football fanny packs song about ethics british salute hulu expiration dates tank barrell what does it mean to toss the salad cum see cum sa how much is a quid in usd how is terrorism different than conventional warfare? bartender on anger management hard to pee after sex 8.5 x 11 inches to pixels that went over my head american girl fans message board difference between wizard and sorcerer as tight as a is fancy feast healthy for cats why do hamsters run what to do if license plate is stolen how do telemarketers get paid frost on food in freezer dave pelzer catherine pelzer when does mowing season start red bull expiration date bottom of can weight limit for kayak out of round tire fix a man from nantucket how to get salt out of corned beef brisket post office saturday pickup times skype random friend requests silent film word cards songs about first love reuniting get off the schneid what is the highest proof alcohol you can buy pall mall vs camel rid x septic cleaner what to do if you mix ammonia and bleach how to raise a wall by yourself staring contest with cat benadryl for ear congestion your ideas are intriguing to me and i wish to subscribe to your newsletter