PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Caddyshack question

VunderBob
03-16-2009, 10:52 AM
Did the groundhog/gopher/whatever ever have a name?

I know in the movie itself he doesn't. I'm thinking more along the lines of the mechanical shark in Jaws being called Bruce by the crew.

VunderBob
03-16-2009, 10:58 AM
Answering my own question, Wikipedia says the guy was in the credits as "Chuck Rodent". No, I ain't makin' a cite.

Snowboarder Bo
03-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Not quite right.

The character of Mr. Gopher was played by Chuck Rodent, as listed in the credits. In reality, the gopher (and his tunnels) were constructed by FX wiz John Dykstra.

Why do I know this? Because Caddyshack is one of my all-time favorite flicks. I've seen it too many times to count (well over 100, perhaps over 200), and can recite the entire movie from start to finish.

I also was there when they blew up parts of Rolling Hills Golf & Tennis Club in Davie, FL. I grew up in nearby Plantation, FL.

Shoeless
03-16-2009, 02:43 PM
What I always wondered was, why did the gopher sound like Flipper?

Nars Glinley
03-16-2009, 03:13 PM
What I always wondered was, why did the gopher sound like Flipper?

What's a gopher supposed to sound like?

Ike Witt
03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
What's a gopher supposed to sound like?

I would assume not like a sea mammal....

DrFidelius
03-16-2009, 04:13 PM
Chuck Rodent did a lot of voice-over work before he appeared in front of the cameras in Caddyshack. His performances were never limited by race or species.

Nars Glinley
03-16-2009, 04:15 PM
I would assume not like a sea mammal....

So, barking or meowing would be OK?

The Scrivener
03-16-2009, 04:28 PM
So, barking or meowing would be OK?

Isn't it bad enough that he sounds like Kenny Loggins? ;)

Best Topics: oranges poranges accidental innuendo phil swift wiki brake rotors rusted funny skeleton puns 26.2 sticker ten hut asiago cheese taste coprophagia in humans banished workshop clown fuckers smallpox scars images ceramic gun hairless legs diabetes vent dehumidifier outside quay pronunciation bad weather song kitten farting amadeus laugh swingline 67 rko productions ancient serial killers hugh quarshie the helvetica scenario how's tricks weebly unpublish mre toilet paper late meaning dead hydrochloric acid experiments century vs decade paracord ratings sensitive arms will a vacuum kill a spider how long will frittata last in fridge why does old aspirin smell like vinegar ac for windows that open out pc radio tuner card how to pronounce kenya tara healing incense review keurig 8 oz icon swollen white taste bud napoleon dynamite your mom goes to college books on the constitution food that begins with i why is bird shit white what does kissing taste like why do kids eat glue masters degrees that don't require specific bachelors how much do garmin map updates cost midas brake pad replacement cost naproxen is it a narcotic cote de pablo pronunciation new pepsi can with pledge of allegiance therapy is a con how much is a dr appt without insurance half asian baby blue eyes heptathlon and decathlon events mold under sink particle board brakes go to floor before stopping who makes great value potato chips duck in spanish language what is the difference between a redneck and a hillbilly how to get scratches out of corian tiny teen sucks dick detox drinks at walgreens