PDA

View Full Version : Steam purchase not downloading

Tapioca Dextrin
01-03-2011, 10:59 AM
I bought Cradle of Civilization for Civilization via Steam for my PC a week ago and it hasn't downloaded. If I launch Steam from within the game, I can see I've actually bought everything. I've emailed Steam, but they haven't bothered to reply. Anyone have any ideas what's going on, or had a similar experience?

Palooka
01-03-2011, 11:16 AM
While you're in-game, Steam automatically pauses all downloads. Alt-tab or exit out of the game and go to View -> Downloads then hit resume. If that isn't the problem, I've no idea what the deal is.

smiling bandit
01-03-2011, 11:18 AM
Hmm.... make sure you've got it officially lised as purchased in Steam, and then start the game from within Steam (not vice-versa). Then wait about an hour and see if it shows up. Some of this stuff gets downloaded in the background only under certain circumstances.

Darkhold
01-03-2011, 11:43 AM
Right click on the game click on properties. Local File tab and verify the game. It will scan the install and re-download the DLC if that is the problem.

It will take a couple of mins to scan the game.

Tapioca Dextrin
01-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Right click on the game click on properties. Local File tab and verify the game. It will scan the install and re-download the DLC if that is the problem.

There was one file that couldn't be verified despite re-downloading it. Now it's reinstall time. Wish me luck.

Tapioca Dextrin
01-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Well, I reinstalled the game and the problem remains. Steam hasn't bothered to respond. They've got my money, so I guess they don't give a fuck.

Terminus Est
01-06-2011, 09:24 AM
The Cradle of Civilization is DLC. It won't show up as a separate install. To verify that you have it, right-click on the game in your library, select "View Downloadable Content", and click on the "DLC" tab. It should be listed there.

If you want to run the DLC in-game, you have to go to "Scenarios".

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Best Topics: gm gram cowboy quick draw fever muscle aches rolex repair cscsw add money white trash incest harassment pronunciation honda pax system pch cribbage becoming blood brothers stallion penis size bruising after iv mensa benefits mst3k horror movies pvc inflatable boat repair glue dark souls 3 message board treating a witness as hostile water makes me thirsty barbed wire tattoo bicep zip codes that start with 0 remove salt stains from leather shoes ear wax removal minute clinic is a piano a stringed instrument girls wearing victoria's secret paper shredder oil substitute two dollar bill slang why don't i bruise