PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me some ontological mystery movies

Anaamika
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
An ontological mystery (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OntologicalMystery), according to TV Tropes is when:

The characters are locked in, have no idea how they got there, why they're there, or how to get out, nor do they know exactly who is behind their predicament, if anyone.

I love these movies. I loved all of the Cubes (although Hypercube was the weakest of the three). Memento, while not a true example was awesome. Nine Dead, weak ending, great movie though. I just saw Unknown and enjoyed it greatly too.

Please: I don't want to watch Saw and its ilk. I actually think I'd like it but it sounds far too gruesome. I don't mind Cube-style gore; it wasn't that bad, really, but I can't stomach Saw. I prefer more mental stuff.

I prefer them best when even the characters don't know who they are, but Nine Dead they knew who they were and it was still good.

I see a short list on TV Tropes. Are any of these good?

Waking Life
Jim Henson's The Cube (? really?)
Dark City
Source Code
Identity
The Exterminating Angel
Paycheck
House of 9
Eden Log
Exam
Captivity
Alien Cargo

I've seen Inception. Also, any others you know of that are worth watching? I do prefer to know the answers at the end but I never got an answer to Cube and it's one of my favorite movies of this genre.

Please help!

DataZak
06-27-2012, 07:20 PM
Not a movie but your request immediately reminded me of the Twilight Zone episode, Five Characters in Search of an Exit.

panamajack
06-27-2012, 07:40 PM
You ought to watch Fermat's Room.

The Nemesis Game is a rather more literal ontological mystery. You might like it if you like these.

Of that list, I haven't seen all of them. But I know a few.

Dark City is excellent.
Source Code is good. It's more ontological mystery in the sense that 12 Monkeys is (partly) one.
Identity fits the genre. But it's more of a psychological thriller.
Paycheck doesn't quite fit. It is Philip K. Dick, though. Unfortunately, it's not one of the rare good adaptations of his work.
And if you enjoy Waking Life and Philip K. Dick, see A Scanner Darkly.

If you play video games (and have a Nintendo DS), take a look at 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors. Especially if you end up liking Fermat's Room.

LC Strawhouse
06-27-2012, 07:53 PM
You might like the Korean cult film Oldboy - the hero "is locked in a hotel room for 15 years without knowing his captor's motives." And the mystery is actually solved at the end. It's a very well made movie but with lots of pulp violence in the Quentin Tarantino style.

RealityChuck
06-27-2012, 08:06 PM
If you can find it, the PBS version of Steambath would fit (thought the mystery is revealed at the end of the first act).

Unauthorized Cinnamon
06-27-2012, 08:14 PM
It's resolved in a typically ST:TNG way, not terribly deep perhaps, but the Star Trek: TNG episode "Allegiance" is the type of setup you're describing.

Glory
06-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Hunger (http://imdb.com/title/tt1176252/) - but it kind of went in to Saw territory a little.

Typo Negative
06-27-2012, 08:24 PM
I just saw Unknown and enjoyed it greatly too.
You probably mean the one with Liam Neeson

But check out this film with the same name. http://imdb.com/title/tt0450340/

Five men wake up in a locked-down warehouse with no memory of who they are. They are forced to figure out who is good and who is bad to stay alive.

Ethilrist
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Ark is an online series of nine mini-episodes, starring Renee O'Connor (Gabrielle, from Xena). Should be available on Hulu.

Larry Borgia
06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Eden Log was flawed, but OK. in a similar vein, Pandorum was pretty good, I thought, though some people disagree.

grude
06-27-2012, 11:46 PM
There is an episode of Dollhouse that is like this, except that the viewers know all the answers and it is the characters who are baffled. (the show revolves around the discovery of technology to write and erase human minds.)

Equipoise
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM
From your list, I highly recommend Source Code, Dark City and Waking Life. I don't think I've seen the others.

grude
06-28-2012, 03:03 AM
While it may be outside the scope of your OP, this is a common set up for videogames as well.

Final Fantasy 6, 7, and 10 all start with this device.(6 amnesia, 7 memories that don't match other people, 10 apparently transported into the future....or is it?)

Cave Story- You wake up in a cave with total amnesia, slowly you begin to figure out what is going on and who you are.

Private Bin
06-28-2012, 07:35 AM
There's a great horror film, 'dead end' which involves a family starting a trip in their car to a thanksgiving reunion, but find themselves trapped in a strange back country road trapped in by a wire fence. It's fairly nice horror, not gory at all like 'Saw'.

I'll second 'Dark City' from your original list, but if you do watch it, mute the sound at the beginning for the first minute or so- until you see a man wake up in the bath. There's a completely redundant bit of narration that ruins a good portion of suspense in the film. You'll pick up everything mentioned throughout the course of the film.

Anaamika
06-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Ok, in response to all of your comments:

I don't have a DS, so the game 9 persons 9 hours 9 doors is out, though it sounds like a lot of fun.

I did not watch the liam neeson unknown, but indeed the one you reference, Typo Negative, the one with the men in the warehouse.

I've actually played all of the Final Fantasies from 5 up to 13 (which is the one that finally turned me off. Between teeny-bopper whinefest Hope and Too Much Grinding I just got bored).

I've seen the entire run of Dollhouse. It was good...but Echo was boring and Alpha was phenomenal. I didn't know [that actor] (I don't want to give away the spoiler. I was totally shocked when I saw it) could act so damn well. I loved Victor. I remember the episode grude mentions.

What is Ark about? Is it just those 9 episodes? I'm more inclined to watch shows if I know they have a finite ending.

I just saw Oldboy not too long ago; also loved it.

I saw a Scanner Darkly. Um...those suits really took away my enjoyment. I know that was the point, but it was very difficult to follow the movie. I read the book not long after and liked it much better - the visual medium of the suit didn't distract nearly as much.

I threw all the movies in the OP onto my queue and I added these, too:

Existenz and Dreamscape
Fermat's Room
Steambath
Hunger
Dead End
The Nemesis Game

I hope Hunger doesn't freak me out too much, but I'll try to watch it in the daylight. :) I'm pretty good with scary movies but as I said I could do without the gore and ludicrous gibs everywhere.

Thanks!

Private Bin
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
There's a fantastic PC game worth playing for the story purely called 'Torment' where you play as an amnesiac immortal who wakes up on a mortician's slab. The rest is up to you.

Anaamika
06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
There's a fantastic PC game worth playing for the story purely called 'Torment' where you play as an amnesiac immortal who wakes up on a mortician's slab. The rest is up to you.

Are you kidding...it's on my desk and I replay it every few years. You can pry it from my cold dead hands...ha! I made a funny.

dataguy
06-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I loved all of the Cubes

I also liked the Cubes. However, they reminded me of something I saw on television many years ago with a similar story. It was called The Cube and I kept looking for it to reappear on TV or someplace, but it never did.

The other day I searched for it again, and lo, there it was on YouTube. I also learned that it was originally created by Jim Henson (yes, the Muppet guy) but there are no Muppets/puppets in it.

I'm convinced that all of the Cube movies were extensions of this original idea. You can see it here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rKq12c6FAr0).

Enjoy.

enalzi
06-28-2012, 01:26 PM
Exam is decent and on Netflix last I checked. It's a bit a different in that they all know why they are there, and they don't want to leave. They just don't really know what's going on.

Erdosain
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Oddly, I watched both Exam and Fermat's Room recently on NetFlix. It must have been one of those "If you watched this, then you'll like this..."

Anyway, while both are definitely what you're looking for genre-wise, I was pretty disappointed with both. I'd revise your expectations downwards a bit, because both are pretty flawed in my opinion. But not everything can be as good as masterpieces like Memento or even Cube.

Barkis is Willin'
06-28-2012, 01:51 PM
... Pandorum was pretty good, I thought, though some people disagree.

Pandorum was excellent. It's one of those movies I never really heard much about, but rented it anyway and was quite pleasantly surprised. Ben Foster is a really good actor. I think it fits what the OP is looking for.

Private Bin
06-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Pandorum was excellent. It's one of those movies I never really heard much about, but rented it anyway and was quite pleasantly surprised. Ben Foster is a really good actor. I think it fits what the OP is looking for.

It was OK, man. It wasn't excellent.

aruvqan
06-28-2012, 02:21 PM
I enjoyed Dark City and Pandorum, and Steambath.

For the life of me I can not remember the name of the original movie nor the remake, but there was a movie set on a steamship apparently making an atlantic crossing, where the people are dead. It was remade as an Alfred Hitchcock/Twilight Zone/Outer limits episode, and remade again a few years back and modified to be on a cargo ship.

Flip Pancake
06-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Phone Booth and Buried come to mind, but the lead characters are fully aware of who they are.

In Mulholland Drive, one of the leads loses her memory after a car accident and goes in search for clues to her identity.

Anaamika
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I'm afraid to watch Mulholland Drive. Isn't that the movie where everyone walks away going "uh....WTF just happened?"

grude
06-28-2012, 04:27 PM
I'm afraid to watch Mulholland Drive. Isn't that the movie where everyone walks away going "uh....WTF just happened?"

Well yes it is ambiguous, however I was able to piece together what I think is going on and it makes almost perfect sense. Without giving away too much I believe the film is a mix of hallucination and memories of one of the characters we see early on, pay attention to the man hired to kill someone.

Or watch it and then look up theories.

Bayard
06-28-2012, 05:58 PM
The Bourne Identity sorta fits, although he is not really locked into a physical area. But as far as not knowing who he is, who is behind his predicament, etc., it fits.

The Truman Show also sorta fits. Truman is kept on the island and doesn't know who is behind his predicament, although it takes him a while to understand that he is in a predicament.

Damfino
06-28-2012, 07:08 PM
It's not a movie, but the TV series The Prisoner (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner) seems to fit in with your OP (doesn't know how he's there, why he's there, or how to get out).

njtt
06-28-2012, 07:21 PM
An ontological mystery (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OntologicalMystery), according to TV Tropes is when:

The characters are locked in, have no idea how they got there, why they're there, or how to get out, nor do they know exactly who is behind their predicament, if anyone.

So apparently the people who write TV Tropes have no idea what "ontological" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontology) means.

Nancarrow
06-28-2012, 08:09 PM
So apparently the people who write TV Tropes have no idea what "ontological" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ontology) means.

Okay fine, epistemological mystery. Jeeezus!

Tangent
06-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I really liked Triangle (http://imdb.com/title/tt1187064/).

Erdosain
06-28-2012, 08:59 PM

Yes. Exactly this. It's a cool looking and intriguing movie but I don't want to spend three hours afterwards trying to excavate some meaning from the plot.

Dr. Strangelove
06-28-2012, 09:14 PM
The Exterminating Angel fits the definition but I'm hard-pressed to lump it in with the others mentioned (well, the ones that I've seen at least). It's totally surreal, although not Dalí-surreal--I don't really know how to describe it. I'm not even sure I can recommend it, although even now it weirds me out a bit, so I guess it had some value.

C K Dexter Haven
06-28-2012, 09:45 PM
AND THEN THERE WERE NONE (1945) movie of an Agatha Christie novel, is not quite on target but sort of vaguely.

Anaamika
06-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Let's see -

Loved Bourne Identity and The Truman Show.

The book/novella of And then There Were None was too good; no movie rendition has ever come close.

I'll try Triangle.

Ok, on the other note, I watched Eden Log and for now all I have to say is a) Too dark b) Too muted and d) TERRIBLE dubbing and d) What. The. Fuck.

More maybe tomorrow when I think on it for a while.

Anaamika
06-28-2012, 10:10 PM
Yes. Exactly this. It's a cool looking and intriguing movie but I don't want to spend three hours afterwards trying to excavate some meaning from the plot.

I should add that I don't mind walking away from a movie and thinking about it for days or even weeks...but like you say, it shouldn't be thinking to try and just figure out what the hell I just watched!

Anaamika
06-28-2012, 11:27 PM
I also liked the Cubes. However, they reminded me of something I saw on television many years ago with a similar story. It was called The Cube and I kept looking for it to reappear on TV or someplace, but it never did.

The other day I searched for it again, and lo, there it was on YouTube. I also learned that it was originally created by Jim Henson (yes, the Muppet guy) but there are no Muppets/puppets in it.

I'm convinced that all of the Cube movies were extensions of this original idea. You can see it here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=rKq12c6FAr0).

Enjoy.

This was probably the most brilliantly absurdist, surrealist thing I've ever seen. I love the Muppets but now I think Henson was wasted on this fuzzy things.

Long story short, I loved this. Thanks for linking to it.

Ibn Warraq
06-28-2012, 11:30 PM
The Outer Limits Episode Demon With a Glass Hand was an excellent example of that.

grude
06-29-2012, 12:03 AM
How about PI, a mathematician discovers something spooky and mysterious powerful corporations are after it, or are they?

I haven't seen it yet but Cypher 2002 seems to be in the genre, a man takes a illegal job as a corporate spy and starts having odd headaches and realizes not everything is what it seems when he meets a fellow corp spy.

Cargo 2009(is this the same movie as Alien Cargo?) a woman who is working a long term space flight where workers take shifts and then go into cryosleep discovers something bizarre on the ship and has to wake others to help her solve the mystery.

The Village, a young blind woman in a isolated 18th century village must venture to the outside world to seek needed medicine, despite the fact the woods are full of strange monsters. Might be worth a look if you don't already know the twist :P

PlainJain
06-29-2012, 12:03 AM
It was OK, man. It wasn't excellent.
I thought it was excellent.

grude
06-29-2012, 12:10 AM
I thought it was excellent.

I agree, in fact it was probably one of the best sci fi films of that year. If I had one complaint it was with the villain twist, other than that it was a great scifi/horror action movie with excellent visuals.

grude
06-29-2012, 01:21 AM
In The Mouth Of Madness- A private detective has been hired by a publisher to track down an eccentric best selling horror writer who has dissapeared with his advance money and the completed manuscript of his latest book. The detective quickly runs into bizarre events that seem to be straight out of the authors books, anymore would spoil it. Good movie if not a classic.

The Jacket- Gulf war veteran seems to be experiencing his life non-sequentially, or is he insane?

Welt Am Draht AKA World On A Wire- 1973 German TV miniseries about a company that has developed a perfect simulation of reality in a computer, some odd happenings start the plot off. It is very slow paced and deliberate but has some interesting camera work, hard to say whether you will enjoy it or not.

The 13th Floor- American adaptation of the same source material as World On A Wire, nothing real special.

Vanilla Sky- After a car accident a man starts to wonder if his life is real anymore, remake of a spanish film Open Your Eyes.

Kaio
06-29-2012, 02:47 AM
I should add that I don't mind walking away from a movie and thinking about it for days or even weeks...but like you say, it shouldn't be thinking to try and just figure out what the hell I just watched!

FWIW I hated Mulholland Drive. As far as I'm concerned it's David Lynch's Jump-the-Shark moment. It's like he wrote a 12-year-old boy's fantasy of what a lesbian relationship is like. It was so unbelievable and so insulting that I didn't care about the rest of the movie.

I was a huge fan of Twin Peaks. What a letdown.

Steken
06-29-2012, 03:30 AM
Another vote for Dark City. That should be #1 on your list.

On the pretentious European black-and-white "art flick" side of things, Last Year In Marienbad is a classic example of "where the hell are they and what the hell is going on?"-type cinema.

ETA: Mulholland Drive is brilliant, by the way. Don't want to risk giving away spoilers by explaining why I think so, though.

Sr Siete
06-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Let me think quick:

Free games: 5 days a stranger and other Trilby games from Internet rockstar ben Croshaw:

http://fullyramblomatic.com/5days/

Movies: Brake - Stephen Dorff wakes up in the trunk of a car. I'll say this, dumb as the plot twists are at the end, it wasn't boring or anything.

Buried - Ryan Reynolds wakes up buried in a wooden box. More entertaining than it sounds.

TV: Persons Unknown - TV Show from a couple of years ago. Bunch of people wakes up in a The Prisoner - style town. Not very good, but not terrible either.

Dr Who: The God Complex episode. Horror tale whith the Doctor appearing among a bunch of people in a haunted, inescapable hotel.

JoseB
06-29-2012, 05:12 AM
I would personally recommend the Spanish short movie "La Cabina". I mentioned it in a thread some days ago in this here board.

It is only 35 minutes long, and although it is clear in which way the main character entered his predicament, there is absolutely no explanation as to *what* the hell is going on.

And yet, it is VERY gripping and many people mention what an unforgettable impression this movie made on them when they first watched it.

The movie is (technically) in Spanish without subtitles, but there is almost no dialogue, and what little there is doesn't prevent you from understanding the movie. It is almost completely silent, with only background music.

I found a URL where you can watch it, without cuts, and legally to boot! It is in the website for the Spanish Television company (the one that actually made this film, back in 1972). The video begins with interviews and comments by the director and main actor of the movie. You can skip them. The movie itself begins around the 9:00 minute mark.

Here is the link :) (http://rtve.es/mediateca/videos/20090127/mercero-lopez-vazquez-presentan-cabina/393271.shtml)

Check it out, Anaamika, and enjoy! Judging by what I read in this thread, I think it may well be up your alley.

Just my 2 eurocent!

EDITED TO ADD: If you can't make that link work (maybe it is not available outside Spain, or something), you can find the movie itself in YouTube. It is cut in three pieces, though. But it is watchable.

Anaamika
06-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Oh, my, what a lot of new movies! Thank you all, any I can, I am adding to my Netflix queue. I mean, no promises that I'll watch them next week, since I am only on the one-at-a-time plan, but I will watch them. I'll try La Cabina. I can understand a smattering of Spanish, so I might be able to get by.

Let's see - I own all the new Who so there's no problem there; I certainly have seen the God Complex.

Did not like the Village, pah.

I find it interesting that people are exactly on opposite sides of Mulholland Drive. I may try it some day.

I wouldn't recommend Eden Log. For one thing, it was too damn dark. I hate when directors put in all these gimmicks and stylistic suckiness; it's just a way to disguise that their movie is really not very good. It was so dark half the time you could not even see what was going on, and could hardly ever see the character's faces.

The palette was this muted, ugly sort of coloring, almost but not quite b&w. Just seemed pretentious to me.

And on top of it all, terrible, terrible dubbing. THIS MAKES ME FEEL AWFUL. Ugh.

All that aside the movie itself wasn't that good either. Thankfully Jim Henson's The Cube more than made up for it.

grude
06-29-2012, 10:49 AM
If you are willing to watch six seasons worth of episodes and don't mind the fact the resolution is lacking what about LOST? The characters are in a bizarre stuation they don't understand, there is no real twist at the end

Very elaborate explanations are offered even by the characters(some believe the island is hell) and as more information is gained some theories wax and some wane.

It is pretty much the ultimate WTF is going on show.

Anaamika
06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
I am NOT watching Lost. Sorry.

ETA: No way am I watching six seasons of anything for almost no payoff in the end! A 2 hour movie is a whole different kettle of fish. I don't even like watching 6 seasons of shows I like.

American TV goes on way too long and has way too many episodes, IMO.

Erdosain
06-29-2012, 12:04 PM
I liked the first half of Dark City, but once the mystery is explained, I thought it got REAL bad, real fast. Like Highlander 2 bad. But I acknowledge that's a very minority opinion and most people like it. I always thought Proyas (the director) had some real potential but he's never lived up to it.

grude
06-29-2012, 12:06 PM
I am NOT watching Lost. Sorry.

ETA: No way am I watching six seasons of anything for almost no payoff in the end! A 2 hour movie is a whole different kettle of fish. I don't even like watching 6 seasons of shows I like.

American TV goes on way too long and has way too many episodes, IMO.

Fair enough, :) wasn't sure if you just liked the situation and didn't care about the resolution or not.

Equipoise
06-30-2012, 02:25 PM
ETA: Mulholland Drive is brilliant, by the way. I'm on this side of the aisle. It helps that I've seen it several times in the theater, and also I read this detailed article (http://salon.com/2001/10/24/mulholland_drive_analysis/) after the first time I saw it. It explains most everything (that can be explained) and so on every viewing after that I pretty much knew what was going on. Even without the explanation, it's worth watching to see a then-unknown Naomi Watts blow everybody away (acting-wise, as 2 very different characters), to stare at the beauty of Laura Harring, to get a load of all the other interesting characters and most of all (for me), the Spanish "Crying" by Rebekah del Rio (which works on its own (http://youtu.be/Ysro_PAPcAU), but is very powerful within the context of the film).

A big 2nd on Sr Siete's suggestion of Buried being a good movie worth watching. The character knows who and where he is though. You'll never look at the normally goofy Ryan Reynolds the same way.

elfkin477
07-02-2012, 10:19 PM
I threw all the movies in the OP onto my queue and I added these, too:

Existenz and Dreamscape
Fermat's Room
Steambath
Hunger
Dead End
The Nemesis Game I love Existenz and Nemesis Game, but neither is well-connected to what you asked for in the OP; no inescapable rooms, and therefore no one confused about how they got trapped in said room. You might as well throw The Nines (http://imdb.com/title/tt0810988/combined) and Triangle (http://imdb.com/title/tt1187064/combined) on your list if you want to stretch the criteria that thin.

Anyway, I'm surprised you've never seen Dark City, which is awesome (but still not a locked room setup). In a similar, but not as good vein, there's The Thirteenth Floor (http://imdb.com/title/tt0139809/), you can watch it on Crackle for free. Oh, and Soul Survivors and Danika are both OMG WTF sorts of movies too.

Elendil's Heir
07-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Dark City is one of my all-time favorite sf movies. Atmospheric, stylish and gripping.

digs
07-06-2012, 09:48 AM
Be sure to listen to the commentary for Dark City. Excellent.

It was the first DVD I owned. Bought it before a redeye flight from Seattle (watched it on my days-old first Powerbook!). About 2 am (looking down on the northern lights), finished the movie, let out a big sigh, then started the commentary.

It was Roger Ebert, detailing why the director did what he did, pointing out homages to little-known films, and explaining film noir (seriously!). I muttered out loud "Holy crap... it's like film school on a disk."

Frylock
07-06-2012, 10:18 AM

In my view, the film explains itself perfectly well. But I know this is not a universally shared opinion. Nevertheless, I didn't come away with a "what the heck did I just see?" but instead with a "I know now what I just saw but how did this or that detail fit in?" More like a satisfying mystery that rewards a second watch-through, than a completely baffling art film or anything like that.

Maybe a little in between those experiences, since the whole thing is kind of dream-like so there's no guarantee every little detail has a straightforward explanation. But the broad strokes are definitely there.

Frylock
07-06-2012, 10:20 AM
Anyway, I'm surprised you've never seen Dark City, which is awesome (but still not a locked room setup).

I mean, granted, it's a pretty big room, but I'd say it counts as a "locked room setup."

Max Torque
07-06-2012, 10:23 AM
I think Paycheck fits the OP's definition, and I actually rather liked it.

Premise: our protagonist is a very good engineer, who makes a career out of reverse-engineering the work of one company for another, then undergoing a procedure to erase his memory so that none of his knowledge can be used to implicate the company he works for. Makes a hefty paycheck doing it, too. For his most recent assignment, he gives up some two years of his memory, and awakens to find that he has donated his entire multimillion dollar salary to charity. All he has left is an envelope which he mailed to himself, containing twenty ordinary-seeming items, like a pack of cigarettes, a bus pass, an Eisenhower dollar, a paperclip, and a fortune from a fortune cookie. Why those items, and why would he give away all his money? Saying more would give away the mystery....

digs
07-06-2012, 06:08 PM
THANK YOU!

My class was talking about favorite SciFi short stories, we got on P.K. Dick, and I brought this one up, but couldn't remember the name. The resident Hermione Granger said "Envelope? Ordinary objects? They made a movie of that!" I said "Whaaaa...?!?" But we still couldn't think of the name.

And now I know!

And, btw, Dark City is SO locked room that when I first saw it I wondered how people could go to Shell Beach... I remember thinking there wouldn't be room for it.

elfkin477
07-06-2012, 07:48 PM
I mean, granted, it's a pretty big room, but I'd say it counts as a "locked room setup."Well then, let's count Outside Providence since the characters can't escape Rhode Island then. :p

Elendil's Heir
07-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Ebert liked Dark City enough to add it to his all-time Great Movies list (and wisely so, I'd say). Read these AFTER you see the movie; some spoilers....

His original review:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/19980227/REVIEWS/802270304/1023

His even more adulatory reassessment:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051106/REVIEWS08/511060302

Best Topics: plexiglass strength thickness bad blow job meaning cf prussia russia icarly video camera nurse boobs kitten trill teen titans cardiac 6 cylinder kma license frame westside symbol please see attachment craving hot sauce stoney island chicago vastly approaching squiggly hyphen my pokemans vietnamese snakes 7ft person weeping buda caliper mount bracket indian nuts removing airbags fluidic computers serious enquiries only poured foundation walls m?nchen pronounce wombats for sale savory define non alkaline battery appomattox university curtains in doorways base six if my cousin has a baby what am i can you use ak cup more than once oxygen makes you high non drowsy sudafed keep you awake wax rings home depot how to cut ceramic tile without a saw how much do guests get paid on talk shows drinks to make with pineapple vodka how to open a window screen from the outside lock pick sets illegal 4th graders kissing on the lips there's a place in france where can you wash dishes with cold water how to say vermicelli license plate zero or o turn off autocorrect excel drano won't go down drain can i drink alcohol while taking penicillin vk 500 mg can you dry clothes in a microwave retarded kid with helmet do trees lose their leaves in florida crusader kings 2 press claim for courtier usps lost mailbox key how many songs does an ipod nano hold who played major horton band of brothers what happens if you eat heroin what is a peck of oysters bags of gold coins can you use ak cup twice golf ball hitting steel at 150 mph fake urine smells like food leg hair loss in males por una cabeza translate pop songs in a minor replacing brake pads without turning rotors