PDA

View Full Version : Football equipment question - those pads that look like fanny packs

Shoeless
12-09-2013, 08:46 AM
What are those pads that some football players wear that look like fanny packs? My wife was asking me about those yesterday while we were watching the Chiefs-Redskins game. I've noticed them before but never really gave much thought to what they were for. Since I didn't know, I just made something up. (And in fact my made-up answer was "They're fanny packs.") Not everyone wears them - it looked like mostly defensive backs and running backs?

Least Original User Name Ever
12-09-2013, 09:22 AM
Hand warmers.

Telemark
12-09-2013, 10:07 AM
Do you mean like this? http://static.ddmcdn.com/gif/blogs/tom-brady-patriots-nfl-quaterback-workout-routine-tips.jpg

If so, then yes, they are hand warming pockets.

Shoeless
12-09-2013, 10:38 AM
No, not those. Similar looking, but they are on the back, not the front.

I guess they could be hand warmers but that would be an odd way to wear them!

garygnu
12-09-2013, 11:19 AM
Still hand warmers. They are on a belt that the player can rotate from the front to the back. Front to hold your hands in in between plays, back while you're playing.

lieu
12-09-2013, 11:22 AM
nm

Shoeless
12-09-2013, 12:51 PM
Still hand warmers. They are on a belt that the player can rotate from the front to the back. Front to hold your hands in in between plays, back while you're playing.

Interesting. I didn't know that they could be rotated around like that. I guess that makes sense if you are a running back -- you don't want it in your way if you are trying to take a hand-off.

crypto
12-09-2013, 12:54 PM

This.

The warmers are slid from front to back by the player as they need them.

Best Topics: authority issues crock comic aspirin and coke nekkid cuties savory taste stagnant blood native american beard scarves mufflers gravity hill wisconsin frat douchebag santana winds grecian hair chickenpox carriers lock picking game shilling ebay going dutch origin vashe zdorovie largest fictional creature menards point system drill into stone is tiny.cc safe pig corkscrew zoloft experience sergeant uniforms piano percussion boil laundry vermicious knids dog run floor geode vs agate sudafed expiration plural potato american dvds denny's australia cosmetic damage to car lg 5 disc dvd changer surround sound magna cum laude pronounce pirate names for dogs i walked off my job where can i buy leaded gas how to play drums in an apartment how much weight can steel hold how much weight can my floor hold how to pronounce anesthesia what is a jack in cards head cut out photo board walgreen ink refill cost is professor x telekinetic little house on the prairie the inheritance how long does it take to build calluses on your fingers for guitar weight of 1 yd of concrete bug bite lasting a month 2nd shift sleep schedule can you get drunk on mouthwash man wearing a barrel buffalo wild wings vs wingstop i cried in front of my girlfriend vitamins make me nauseous even with food can jesus microwave a burrito so hot that he himself cannot eat it why is earwax bitter can you use 215 tires instead of 225 small cyst on penile shaft alemite cd2 for oil burning mildew proof caulk home depot why do amish not have mustaches how long will post office hold certified mail pump sprayer for staining fence