Academic Pursuits Message Board

Academic Pursuits Message Board (https://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/index.php)
- General Questions (https://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
- - "Strike Zone" Printed On Laptop (https://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/showthread.php?t=493094)

Jake 11-15-2008 05:04 PM

"Strike Zone" Printed On Laptop
My Dell 1501 laptop has "Strike Zone" printed on it's underside. Does anyone know what this means?
Is it where I clobber the damn thing when it crashes? What a great idea!

astro 11-15-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Combines durable components, sturdy design, over 13000 hours of Dell's rigorous quality testing, efficient heat management and the 'Strike-Zone' hard drive shock absorber to help keep your laptop and data safe from those minor bumps, shakes and drops that are the
reality of life on the go
Hard drive feature / logo

Reply 11-16-2008 05:41 AM

Yep, it's a hard drive shock absorber. I think this is the related Dell patent, if you're interested.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:10 PM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2018 STM Reader, LLC.

Best Topics: comrades in russian dnd warhammer wireless mouse interference quarter currency dating message boards sarasponda translation motif motive william shattner roast costco cupcakes reviews unsolvable knot gattaca glasses orangutan friendly bafangul meaning crab dead man freschetta vs digiorno parking enforcement chalk marcel ledbetter can tin rust cats vs rats mr turnkey lyrics rpg grenades edinburgh pronunciation stevia tastes horrible cant smile doctor's mirror 190 cc engine ground cloth camping hiring a scriptwriter estelle getty nude generic grape nuts hemans cats name lesbians animal dnd 3.5 dieties euthanize a fish stick on sunglasses film sending text messages to landlines what to mix limoncello with fanfare for the common man olympics jury duty wrong address my bite is suddenly off what was the first tv show to have a toilet tank shown on prime-time tv? what does double colon mean can you take out a life insurance policy on someone without their knowledge why do my armpits drip sweat for no reason please mister please don't play b17 my lava lamp is stuck at the top can dogs have spare rib bones hydrocodone acetaminophen shelf life transcranial magnetic stimulation forum dvdstyler won't play on dvd player how to transfer answering machine messages to computer how do i get amazon prime on my vizio smart tv? what is t-111 siding made of ever seen a grown man naked brother in law's wife leopold and loeb movie which of the following weapons finally broke the stalemate on the western front? let's blow this pop stand usps casual job description the channel of random ceiling fans how long does it take for outdoor paint to dry does walgreens sell drug tests how to get an amazon receipt why do doctors say stat cats suddenly hate each other where can you buy ether alarm clock with red display how was godzilla's roar made