View Single Post
Old 04-20-2003, 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by samclem
I was teaching high school at the time but I don't remember being afraid that I was eligible. Can you cite a source for your assertion? You could be right, but my memory is that teachers were still deferred even then.
It depended on where you were teaching. If you were a teacher in an inner city school, in Detroit, Cleveland, Atlanta, whatever, you either had an automatic deferment or you were just not drafted. There was too big a shortage of teachers who would work in inner cities at the time, esp after the race riots.

Teachers in "big city" schools were not drafted for the most part.
Best Topics: luminous toxin plumbers dope lead guitarists vanilla lifestyle biochemistry vs chemistry wish chip using handrails steampunk wedding attire vulva kick kahlua alternative toilet drano product drill into stone what does off sale mean ethiopian women facial features where is molasses in grocery store guadalajara won't do steely dan how much does a bikini wax hurt band has 2 drummers native american men nude what is music without lyrics called what does mamacita mean in english huey and riley parents origin of bury the hatchet