View Single Post
Old 04-21-2003, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by samclem
I was teaching high school at the time but I don't remember being afraid that I was eligible. Can you cite a source for your assertion? You could be right, but my memory is that teachers were still deferred even then.
No cite, I'm afraid, but I do remember having two teachers at my schools being drafted, the first in late '69 or early '70, the second the next year. The first left during the school year, the second was able to wait until the school year was over. I have no idea what ever became of either of them. And, for what it's worth, I went to a suburban school.
Best Topics: are birds animals promotion military non polarized plug audible mp3 marshall mg 250dfx vortec 3700 problems frontier precheck nyah see gangster hobbit pumpkin cecil adams is kleenex biodegradable how many nyquil pills to take new us citizen gifts black widow in my house gas pump hose drive off cost la bamba english lyrics rash on both sides of body where did batshit crazy come from sister sits on brother electric stove plug types maps with house numbers why do soldiers wear helmets