View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNelson View Post
I've wondered about the safety of these things, and the consequences of unintended starts. Lord knows my phone makes calls of its own accord from my pocket - why wouldn't my car?
Well, the first thing I do when I get home is drop my keys/remote in a basket by the door. I almost never have one in my pocket at home.

Secondly, even if I did, accidently butt-dialling the tiny remote-start button itself 3 times in a row is damned unlikely in my experience. It just won't happen.

I love mine; I have them on both my trucks. Cold winter mornings? No problemo.
Leave the heat and fan on high when you park, and hit the button 10 minutes before you leave. Warm and toasty.

Hot summer day? Leave the windows cracked, and the AC on high. I can start mine from a hundred yards away. By the time I get to the car, it's not the oven that another car would be.

But then, I guess that's the whole point, isn't it?
Best Topics: swetsville zoo salty ham unique cabin names car cut off suicide stock c4 clay the bel arabs gallium poisonous thanksgiving dinner kroger olive drab camo slang for dying bigamy penalty 10000 quid pronounce augustine matay bloodsport futurama aroo assassin game tips vietnam vs vietcong freudian typo hemlock drink greek sex solvent for wax horse statue meaning pronunciation of ng bitch borderlands monty python flagellants landscape names pimpwar com homemade mouse food harelip the pope absolute peppar swallow marbles flintstones phone ok kashrut fr?hliche geburtstag carnival game hammer novamin cavities why join mensa me and julio meaning how to pay for car in cash birch beer vs root beer can you wash dishes with hand soap will rubbing alcohol kill ants what is flat picking tea candle heater myth glue on back of credit cards how to empty a keg bells on bobtail definition best athletes foot cream or spray root beer kool aid for sale can canvas detect copy and paste duck vs chicken meat does ultrasonic bark control work how long does drano take to work tuning 5 string bass legally blind vision prescription vera ellen eating disorder will rock salt kill trees armed forces medley order jenna elfman plastic surgery post hole digger tree roots what do you call a female captain 8 hydroxyquinoline sulfate bag balm non nude girls in panties solar powered car cooler fan is sunoco top tier gas dixie landings resort disney world are hermit crabs good pets boiling point isopropyl alcohol miss susie had a steamboat full lyrics