View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNelson View Post
I've wondered about the safety of these things, and the consequences of unintended starts. Lord knows my phone makes calls of its own accord from my pocket - why wouldn't my car?
Well, the first thing I do when I get home is drop my keys/remote in a basket by the door. I almost never have one in my pocket at home.

Secondly, even if I did, accidently butt-dialling the tiny remote-start button itself 3 times in a row is damned unlikely in my experience. It just won't happen.

I love mine; I have them on both my trucks. Cold winter mornings? No problemo.
Leave the heat and fan on high when you park, and hit the button 10 minutes before you leave. Warm and toasty.

Hot summer day? Leave the windows cracked, and the AC on high. I can start mine from a hundred yards away. By the time I get to the car, it's not the oven that another car would be.

But then, I guess that's the whole point, isn't it?
Best Topics: fuel jettison sulk radiohead snl asswipe touchy person hitler wasn't aryan ng pronounce cosway definition penguins as pet hm road sign helen hunt smoking united states grammar how do cattle guards work black lab newfoundland mix how to abandon a car why do they play bagpipes at cops funerals how to get cash when bank is closed white patch on uvula cox gigablast commercial song henckel knife sets costco osmond family wastes water electrical outlet popping sound