View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 03:04 PM
Charter Member
Coinstar reported a gross profit of $150.58 million for 2005. About 45% of their revenue came from the coin counting kiosks.

Their SEC filings indicate that they have about 13,000 coing counting machines installed, in addition to nearly 300,000 "entertainment services machines", which they describe as "skill-crane machines, bulk vending machines, and kiddie rides." Roughly 27 percent of their income comes from machines installed at Wal Mart and another 11 percent from machines at Kroger.

The conclusion I draw from perusing the report is that it's a volume business. The OP is right that they don't make much money per transaction, but they profit from having so many transactions that the aggregate is worthwhile. it's an interesting insight, particularly in light of the recent thread where mazinger_z wondered if his mom could have a lucrative business owning a vending machine or two...
Best Topics: bandaid tins electronic collar cat cricket lifespan bleach hot military term ua cartoon rabbit magic cardinal feather nesting pigeons rejected 2000 rumours cover children's chopsticks sphere film craigslist posting blocked swallowed tooth brix soda wonder pets linny itsumo arigatou best smelling trees russian stop sign black jellybeans yngwie pronunciation private trains ncis blu ray hot cord attractive inuit women siamese elephant anteater arthur 2x2 lumber strength canadian cigarette pack whitley strieber majestic pilate pronunciation tarantella lyrics wiper refill cash basis check date or deposit date points on the back end cool names for dinosaurs foghorn leghorn hide and seek two-lane highways hearing goes out in one ear for a few seconds jos a bank alterations who is my dad's cousin to me does paintless dent removal work is pvc pipe measured by id or od z series extended warranty how to remove caulk from vinyl siding what are chains made of how often can you be called for jury duty in texas what can i make with coconut rum where did the term going commando originate why does baseball have rain delays song that starts with x cat not covering poop anymore xylophone twinkle little star notes how to mount shutters on vinyl siding how do atheist get married happy new year or years are dentists medical doctors 2001 buick century head gasket replacement is it hard to get into medical school do mountain goats ever fall to their death baseboard heater won't turn off how to fix a leaky pvc pipe how to fix a tear in a leather jacket can i send money through paypal if i don't have an account how many miles do volkswagen jettas last hands across the water meaning