View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 04:37 AM
My only complaint with Coinstar is this: though they say outright what their fees are, and that is perfectly fair as far as it goes, they do NOT tell you that if you put in a silver dime, quarter or dollar, or a very old coin with different dimensions somehow by accident, it won't even count toward your total, it will fall into a can inside the bowels of the machine and become the property of Coinstar. They *could* have the machine give those coins back to you, but they don't.

Fortunately, my bank (a credit union) has a coin-counting machine. I recently took in about 30 lbs of coins and cashed it out...about $225 worth. It was fun dumping all the coins in, paper tube by paper tube, and fun knowing people were watching with envy (so I fantasized) as I got to shake the hopper and push more and more coins down the chute....not because of the money, but because it was simply fun.

I believe you can get Starbucks cards from our local Coinstar machines, but if you cash out, it's 17%, not 9% as someone said. I'd have lost nearly $40 on the deal if I'd used Coinstar, so it was worth the drive to the bank branch.
Best Topics: big booger vomit burp ethnically neutral names prisencolinensinainciusol lyrics oil light flashing does chloroform work number 9 coal cliff morrison wiki iron cross tattoo degrees radians grads transplanting maple trees stupid deer ammonia towel case noodles german neck bolts tobytown maryland adam bonanza reputable gemstone dealers die hard elevator 2007 alternative songs hairless legs poo poop canon christmas song fresh guava most adapted authors 38g breasts holy hannah coen brothers quotes penis chaffing buckley's angel breadmaker mixes fart touch draino not working why are star wars dvds so expensive is there fiberglass in chew the ninth gate ending barbra streisand sex tape costco myrtle beach liquor taco bell pizza hut locations does mirin go bad brad pitt and chris hemsworth irs capital loss carryover worksheet 2014 setting up pool balls vomit in toilet bowl what percentage of people die in their sleep how to pronounce tso how to pronounce garrote read laura ingalls wilder books online free how to make holes without a hole puncher songs for home movies my sister is a cunt baby powder fragrance ingredients how hard is podiatry school the shining blood scene safety razor blades cvs rid x septic cleaner do you bring a gift to a bachelorette party war never solved anything except what is a hydrostatic mower purple raw egg test how long are pickled eggs good for in the fridge no dryer vent in apartment dog ate foam ear plugs pseudoephedrine to stay awake