View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 03:37 AM
My only complaint with Coinstar is this: though they say outright what their fees are, and that is perfectly fair as far as it goes, they do NOT tell you that if you put in a silver dime, quarter or dollar, or a very old coin with different dimensions somehow by accident, it won't even count toward your total, it will fall into a can inside the bowels of the machine and become the property of Coinstar. They *could* have the machine give those coins back to you, but they don't.

Fortunately, my bank (a credit union) has a coin-counting machine. I recently took in about 30 lbs of coins and cashed it out...about $225 worth. It was fun dumping all the coins in, paper tube by paper tube, and fun knowing people were watching with envy (so I fantasized) as I got to shake the hopper and push more and more coins down the chute....not because of the money, but because it was simply fun.

I believe you can get Starbucks cards from our local Coinstar machines, but if you cash out, it's 17%, not 9% as someone said. I'd have lost nearly $40 on the deal if I'd used Coinstar, so it was worth the drive to the bank branch.
Best Topics: white culture examples brain fart synonyms tungsten swords jupiter from mars does butter mold pyrex boiling water stolen vehicle registration marshmallow farming bamboo reproduction ebay lawn darts squeaky shoe soles how to file your teeth bugs that make clicking noises at night tongue piercing why do they do it steen cane syrup substitute the blue oyster bar if a law is unconstitutional twitch in back of head words that rhyme with long eyeglass coating coming off why is ice cream so good how to return mail that is not yours