View Single Post
Old 01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jragon View Post
Another question, arigatou gozaimasu vs arigatou gozaimashita. Obviously the latter is the past tense, but are they totally interchangeable or is there a real difference? I've listened to a lot of stuff in Japanese and they seem to be used totally interchangeably, but it bugs me not knowing for sure.
In a lot of situations they are interchangeable, but sometimes not. For example, if someone is thanking you at the end of the night for an enjoyable evening, they would use "Arigatou gozaimashita". If someone is pouring you a drink and you want to say thanks, you would use "Arigatou gozaimasu".
Best Topics: zinc chloride batteries bones product placement fingernail stopped growing sweet brandy pronounce eritrea duck message board gun to mouth drizabone duster butane fuel walmart thejigsawpuzzles.com daily chicago boxcar haircut reticulating splines vasectomy consultation snowmobile vs snowmachine buy powdered eggs are goats bovine leann chins scooter gear oil ralph williams commercial apollo csm flaying knives replacing tie rods washer nut www paramaxaudio com carthage salt maltodextrin aspartame i love thunderstorms 70 ethyl alcohol underwater contacts starmaker fame does tussionex expire meineke brakes cost prosciutto pronunciation italian pvc schedules how to put checks in checkbook cover jaw feels out of place on one side is milana vayntrub gay zyrtec withdrawal side effects gay movies with happy endings imdb does the dog die com what does on the nose mean paypal american express problem i love the fishes cause they're so delicious lyrics what does pickled herring taste like how to buy a car with a lost title easy master degree programs to get into can carbon monoxide explode how does drifting work double lightning bolt symbol how to take out window screen how to get steroids from your doctor what were the names of moses sons can i put drano in the dishwasher can i put mail in someone's mailbox what does a co pilot do chilton or haynes manual what does cream of wheat taste like where can i buy mini zip lock bags nj lost drivers license can you eat sardines out of the can mom rewards son with sex walgreens ink cartridges refill how to test a motorcycle battery with a multimeter can you transfer comcast dvr recordings to a flash drive is there a statute of limitations on murders led zeppelin 4 side 1