View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn Dreams View Post
I suppose it depends on what your definition of "common" and "frequent" is. It's definitely not something I would hear on a regular basis living in Kobe, which is right beside Osaka, home of Kansai-ben. I can't remember the last time anyone used "Okini", except when in Kyoto. It would also depend on the company around you. If they are the type to use that language you may think it's "common" because it's used within your group, but not so among the general populace.
I think Kobe (and Hyogo in general) is probably one of those places in Kansai where ookini is on the way out. I don't think I've heard it used there either. Like most dialect it's very much a YMMV issue (like you say, it's mostly about where and with who you hang out), but the one situation in which you hear it most frequently, IME, is when someone gives you back your change.

To sort of bring this back on topic, the point is that what constitutes an appropriate response to something almost entirely depends on context. Where you are, who you are, who the other person is, what is happening...
Best Topics: illustrator italics replace spare tire weber grill pronunciation soames and irene naughty phone number bjs sushi ice beer hook definition music quinceanera gift etiquette female doctor erection ginger black person raw pancreas donate crt tv straight hentai trash foods halberd vs pike buy laughing gas drawing test turtle dvd stand for hennessy alternative 96 count sudafed poe voltage inhibitor collar word wop text a landline does toner expire prussia and russia most expensive ammo hm signs boxing martial arts paul landis 23andme japanese sawdust restaurants nava pilates why is my brother printer printing blank pages would a submarine survive in space droopy and the wolf easiest place to get a job do cocaine and chocolate come from the same plant longest 3rd down ever set dye in new clothes flexible glue for rubber toyota camry oil pump new cast iron skillet rough surface i've got a bridge to sell you meaning why does my nose get stuffy at night when i lay down why does splitting an atom create so much energy paul harvey audio files can you steep coffee like tea where do i get boric acid funny sayings about being cold how often should you change your brita filter i dove in the pool skyy vodka price walmart ant dirt piles in house dying of blood loss ukrainian terms of endearment drakensang the dark eye character creation seat at the end of the bed what does the panic button do on a car remote do defense lawyers know the truth why do chefs smoke could the us conquer the world flying wheels motorcycle club stretching new era hat does barnes and noble buy used books what happened to thora birch