View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 12:46 PM
Meaning of the musical term 'Deep Cuts'

I have heard the term 'deep cuts' to refer to album tracks. I always assumed it meant songs not good enough (or commecial enough) to be released as singles. I also thought this was the definition of 'b sides', but according to a few sites online 'b sides' are tracks that where not on an album. I have several singles where the 'b side' track was part of the same album as the single so it would seem that definition is not always true.

So -- What is the definition of 'deep cut(s)'?

Note -- Not sure if this belongs here or cafe society, but I assume there is a factual answer so I will put it here. I am sure a mod can move it if deemed necessary.
Best Topics: cheers we win 33 45 78 fortnight definition bubblegum flavoring get hosed valerian root stinks purple horses measuring altitude eating raw brain purchase dynamite muldoon definition philip pauli wikipedia donkey puncher what time does mail go out will parchment paper burn in the oven how to get bearer bonds reba mcentire fancy meaning 9-5 is how many hours lluvia de sobres translation mississippi river ohio river confluence can you eat the pumpkin seed shell fax machine office space what does a dead body look like after 20 years