View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bean
Thanks, ChicanoRojo! You finally answered the question I've been wondering about for some time--what's the deal with the long-hair women who live around here? Apostolic Pentecostals!

There are quite a few who live around here, but nobody seems to actually know any of them. The kids are not in the public schools. And nobody seems to know why they dress that way. But they sound exactly like the descriptions of Apostolic Pentecostals.

The women have very long uncut hair. They always have some sort of head-covering, even if it's only a mini-bandanna thing. They wear long denim skirts and tennis shoes. They seem to have no makeup or jewelry. They would occasionally come into the used bookstore where I used to work and purchase old-fashioned childrens' books. In my few interactions with them, they seemed pretty normal, if reserved. The men and boys wear regular clothing, but the clothes are plain and conservative and not particularly stylish.

Why there should be a pack of Pentecostals in Westfield, NJ, I have no idea.
Yup, sounds like them. I have no idea why the denim skirts and tennis shoes, but we see that around here a lot. It's almost like a uniform.
Best Topics: toyota corolla mileage oblivion agility carmax refinance learned syn medieval desks pinhead disorder translation title katy tur ass inhaling rust 700x38c bike tube pitchers number definition of causeway do hitmen exist dinah shore's children couch outside chromatic aberration eyeglasses pepper hart iafd tums canker sore bill clinton quarter rhymes dirty goodsprings shack gatorade kidney stones bosun mate definition toe cheese egyptian poses homogeneous neighborhood oral cocaine x men blackbird does toner expire susan rook cnn horse gag why did ww2 helmets have netting how to say asia in japanese 6-1x0+2/2= what is kosher pickle why does my dog whimper in her sleep f-35 canopy star wars original trilogy unaltered vhs what does it mean when a duck wags its tail can i reuse a box to ship usps can you add music to a cd that has already been burned how many decibels is a fire alarm i'm gonna get medieval on your what is the difference between 1 and 2 milk fire on the mountain run boy run two cheers for colonialism women in shirts and ties usb has exceeded power limits how many mg of diphenhydramine to get high ingesting vicks vapor rub how to get rid of weed smell in car snl celebrity jeopardy sean connery quotes how long until amoxicillin works career readiness practice test how does garmin calculate calories burned dog howling at the moon playa del carmen nude intermittent vibration while driving do splinters go away 2013 honda fit towing capacity finding nemo clownfish joke 3 flights of stairs rotate a mov file 90 degrees how much do bmw service advisors make songs with long intros