View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 09:00 AM
Charter Member
Other sources (Howard Hughes and His Flying Boat by Charles Barton is excellent) go into much more depth on the topic. Having now seen the flick, I'll confirm that the script really was taken almost exactly from the hearing transcript, and the back story was shown accurately if in condensed form. Hughes really did destroy Brewster, whom he called the "slickest trick shot artist in Washington", on national live radio and TV, just as the movie showed, and that was certainly more effective than a court suit would have been. The evidence for Brewster's being in Trippe's pocket was provided by Brewster himself during the cross-examination he foolishly allowed Hughes to conduct. Brewster was defeated for renomination in his next election, ftr.
Best Topics: quartet name ideas report gun stolen ear lobes your liege buy molasses ass winking svengali card deck is asphyxiation painful kimchee pot buy anti matter andrewsarchus hooves vixen women can transmission fluid go bad can leaving the oven on cause a fire goldmember smoke and a pancake glue poster to foam board chopped onions in a jar dr denton pajamas for adults do females get pee shivers d&d 3.5 gods virgin mint julep recipe disneyland i got a married woman pregnant what are my rights i lost my post office box key why is it called clockwork orange scotch vs bourbon taste