View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Charter Member
Other sources (Howard Hughes and His Flying Boat by Charles Barton is excellent) go into much more depth on the topic. Having now seen the flick, I'll confirm that the script really was taken almost exactly from the hearing transcript, and the back story was shown accurately if in condensed form. Hughes really did destroy Brewster, whom he called the "slickest trick shot artist in Washington", on national live radio and TV, just as the movie showed, and that was certainly more effective than a court suit would have been. The evidence for Brewster's being in Trippe's pocket was provided by Brewster himself during the cross-examination he foolishly allowed Hughes to conduct. Brewster was defeated for renomination in his next election, ftr.
Best Topics: fric and frac celebrity movie archive bleach aluminum peruvian cotton spanish papi sneezing when hungry kamel cigarette wow_expan5tr are diamonds brittle inable or unable square toilet plunger printer cleaner sheets broken digital clock international cashier's check temporary tinnitus duration funny heart puns shadowrun 4th age titanium medieval armor tastebuds hurt cat sedative battlefield commission what are bratwurst buy xenon gas o'reilly's irish cream powerlifters fat prompt criticality americano misto starbucks chinese tune blackstrap molasses safeway minus tide noir style music skydive music getting shot in the stomach slayer of useless lazy incompetent minions how to make ice block fe exam what to bring what game has the biggest map my dog ate pizza can neutered cats ejaculate wart fell off now what why am i attracted to my sister chicken jokes for adults who threatened to torture galileo how to pronounce qing dragon age origins best bow who voices the simply orange commercials come to philly for the crack t shirt do race horses wear shoes what religion are the simpsons how to remove grease stains from silk ikea poang chair weight limit can you still dial 0 for operator always play in the key of g demolished you may already be a wiener how to charge a deep cycle battery with a car can you pick up someone else's prescription cvs the roof is on fire we don't need no water let the mother lyrics forrest gump mental illness spacebar only works in middle racist white guy jokes catch as catch can origin legal definition of parking friends with benefits synonyms wolf compared to human why does peanut butter cure hiccups is it illegal to have a sawed off shotgun