View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3acresandatruck View Post
Can anyone tell me why everyone hates Peyton in the commercial? Do people hate him in real life, too? I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but the commercials he's in just amuse the heck out of me. Wasn't he in some a while back where he went around acting like a huge fan of everyday workers...like wearing a big foam #1 hand and cheering on the guy stocking the shelves at the grocer's, etc?
I don't think Peyton has ever done anything truly awful to make himself truly despicable, but yes- there ARE lots of people who either loathe him for his wholesome image, or who regard him as a Golden Boy who's overly praised in the media, or who are just sick to death of seeing him on TV (I can't think of any athlete who's done more commercials the last few years).

Pat Boone once acknowledged, "I've been extremely popular, but there's just something about me that seems to make some people want to throw up." Peyton Manning could say almost the exact same thing, and he knows it. The commercial simply takes advantage of that fact.
Best Topics: wife in stocking vixen means hay stacking dui message boards window mounted dehumidifier faun vs satyr coffin shape how cannons work uma hagen eyebuydirect shipping speed types of vores socks spanish joke serigraph vs lithograph pieces of 8 for sale remove facial hair app tough titti said the kitty how to unlock a file cabinet when key is lost what to do with a totaled car and no insurance is quo a scrabble word 1720 lb. capacity 48 in. x 96 in. super duty folding trailer drill holes in tempered glass what do singers do when they lose their voice what child is this greensleeves can you see a tampon in an x ray there's no i in denial how much were soldiers paid in ww2