View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 07:00 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by astorian View Post
I don't think Peyton has ever done anything truly awful to make himself truly despicable, but yes- there ARE lots of people who either loathe him for his wholesome image, or who regard him as a Golden Boy who's overly praised in the media, or who are just sick to death of seeing him on TV (I can't think of any athlete who's done more commercials the last few years).

Pat Boone once acknowledged, "I've been extremely popular, but there's just something about me that seems to make some people want to throw up." Peyton Manning could say almost the exact same thing, and he knows it. The commercial simply takes advantage of that fact.
I interpreted the commercial as fans of opposing teams don't like him because he's a good football player and not because they hate him personally.
Best Topics: waiting for comet.yahoo squirrel pelt uses running cycling shorts johnson slang shower over toilet carnival ring tony robbins gigantism australian corkscrew hat kabuki dance definition broasted hells angels nomads mc what does post modern mean alcatraz to san francisco distance guitar center starter pack what if neanderthals were still alive willem dafoe what a fag how to make a skin tag stop bleeding acrylic blankets with nylon binding how to find house number can duct tape work as electrical tape theochem sulfuric acid drain opener how to pick file cabinet lock is wisconsin a border state to beat the band origin