View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ashtar View Post
I just recently learned that my dad very strongly dislikes Peyton Manning because he's still bitter about the Colts leaving Baltimore way back when. Funny how I didn't know that until just about a month ago. I always thought he at least admired his skill.
Actually, the way he probably feels (the way I feel), is that he's sick hearing about how Peyton has just "broken this team record held by Johnny U" or "passed that milestone from the Baltimore Colts". 95% of people in Baltimore have a firm distinction in their mind, nay, their worldview, between the Baltimore Colts and the Indianapolis Irsays who unfortunately have co-opted our good name and heritage. Manning, as good a QB as he is (and I like the guy), hasen't ever broken ANY of Johnny's franchise records, because that franchise ceased to exist in 1984. Period.
Best Topics: cheerios cost pro slavery advocates soldiers address galactic barrier japan nip occasional irregularity song about ocean shoulder angels plural of motif paste for kids dope bart simpson navy sailor hat clean rock songs statue of liberty cleaned amazon arriving today by 8pm geoffrey beene suit reviews fought in both world wars depositing coins at chase bank how to make concrete stronger without rebar growler beer how long will it last i saw the most beautiful girl today how often should i change my car battery should i leave outside faucets dripping what soda to mix with whiskey average speed of a plane