View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Well, here is the link for the questions you have about registering your new car in MA. Sounds like a bit of a hassle.

http://mass.gov/rmv/regs/

In Oregon were I live it was a lot simpler. The dealer wants to make sure I have insurance before I drive off the lot so he calls my insurance agent and gives the VIN number of the car, the agent then gives the dealer a policy number and done, I am insured. They may fax some paperwork to each other too, I don't recall. Other insurance details about levels of coverage, deductibles, etc. I can change with the agent later.

As far as registration and license, the dealer just adds those fees to the normal paperwork and files the registration form with the state. I don't have to go to DMV at all. And the dealer is not allowed to make a profit off those fees so there is no real advantage to my going to the DMV myself. If the registration is $80 and $15 for a temporary to stick in the window until the plates arrive, that is what is added to the paperwork. The dealer calls me when my plates come in and I go pick them up or they put them on.

It will probably go smoother than it sounds, the dealer should be able to handle most things for you. Maybe the insurance stamp and signature is just a faxable form.
Best Topics: satellite plates moslem offensive 1st disease hotel waffle maker bad cooks fetch quests enterprise mileage charge chloroform sales ds9 trill fire whistle sounds sao is bad bob crane video candles for light sulfuric acid disposal mr jones penis canon mg3500 error flat cap backwards coffee tastes sour ww2 minesweeper erection during catheterization floating swan decoy patton slapped soldier erection during surgery inflatable christmas crazy emails left handed handshake chromecast picasa heel clicking dogma ending international peo penalty for bigamy ymca nude mit license plate frame how to change picture on yahoo fantasy football has there ever been a doctor president what does a long island iced tea taste like taking prescription drugs on a plane raw egg test mattress is pensacola a nice place to live repairman jack movie release date going to mexico without a passport how to tell if your stove is leaking gas does the cents sign go before drive through pick up lines lee madison wet t shirt food old people like can you eat glue 2+2=fish adult tricycle with child seats when did programs become apps male vs female handwriting popular songs in minor keys dannon fruit on the bottom discontinued statute of limitations for murders teens in the 70s safety deposit box key sideling hill rest stop pa turnpike jingle bells shotgun shells lyrics bird dog airplane for sale steak on black eye can i make hamburger helper without milk dmv vision test machine 1.5 chickens lay 1.5 eggs non prescription glasses walmart underwater flares for sale