View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 01:02 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulff View Post
A White-Rogers (PDF).
The 'stat works fine, although, as an embedded systems Engineer, I think their software is pretty brain-dead. For example, their remote calibration is completely non-intuitive. What it does is change the sent temperature, without affecting the reading. So, if the remote reads 72F, and the actual temperature is 70F, you calibrate it down 2 degrees, which tells the main unit that it's only 70F, but the remote unit still reads 72F! I mean, how stupid is that? But, once it's installed and working, it does the job.
White Rogers is a good stat. Honeywell has similar stats and I believe their calibration actually does change the reading. Good idea on the remote stat.
Best Topics: serated edges funny campground names do altoids expire 1980s satellite dish sod off means olde brooklyn soda retractable kitchen light vacuum spiders boxer cut eye cavemen spears hastings searcy arkansas heart attack puns razer strap dueling second compost bin lid giant rolly pollies cat ate paper iocane powder drano bathtub pepperoni vs salami replacement goldfish organ transport cooler parking spikes 1000 mg guaifenesin germany's drinking age linksys websites tridents weapon log cabin names picture hangers drywall boil lancing what socks to wear with khakis what is the latest fedex will deliver old world book encyclopedia where can i buy mincemeat what to do with old encyclopedia set slow motion grenade exploding people who don't shower 800 mg motrin over the counter how to remove cat hair from fleece what is the difference between egg noodles and regular pasta why doesn't woody have a gun cost of garmin map updates where can i buy a slide whistle why is it called a dopp kit is there anyone with the last name hitler csc service works card add money is flannel a material or pattern how long is spaghetti sauce good in the fridge sudafed 12 hour high "the cheese stands alone" guinea pig run about ball who is your god now right over my head nicotine patches and weight loss cetaphil lotion for tattoo oil tank fill pipe largest maps in video games descendants of julius caesar how long should you charge a car battery which device did you plug in prince albert urban dictionary does pi have a square root