View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 03:18 AM
IIRC, I read or heard a comment attributed to the Cohens, the jist of it being that they kept the scene because it showed several aspects of Marge's character quite well.

Quite likely there's more than that, too. Personally, I think that scene grounds the film nicely, and even acts as a microcosm of the reality in which Fargo's story unfolds. Think: in any other movie that scene would've turned out much differently, with sexual tension or high drama, nostalgic reflections of days-gone-by or what-not. Instead it is dealt with in a very subdued, even bleak fashion; the poor bastard just breaks down crying. The same goes for the film's central kidnapping plot, characters, even the portrayal of violence; they are by turns shocking and pitiful, but never larger-than-life. They don't exist in the standard movie "reality".

Just my opinion. Great, great film.
Best Topics: godfather carlo pilgrim belt buckles hostess king dongs dry masterbation greenies drug captain america revived control y rotor turning tupperware online party red reddington hats coon penis mao zedong pedophile a1 on chicken punishments of slavery alcohol and zantac mustafa ibrahim jabbas dancer brown prionid beetle rubbing your temples popsicles in plastic dirty toilet water champagne exploding osb for subfloor men sucking ass husband forgets birthday 50 ft tall sweat out fever 1920x1080 videos red october song oozing behind ear proverbs inherit the wind justice league panic in the sky difference between no contract and unlocked phones has anyone won fast money 5 times bagel button on toaster pick up fedex package at sort facility can i remove a hard drive while the computer is on does applesauce go bad single in the military 2003 d penny error shower head pipe size home liquor cabinet with lock clorox bleach vs generic bakers & chefs cookware black girl green eyes warhammer vs d&d why is gordon ramsay a jerk 2 by 2 hands of blue do butlers still exist how to melt pennies into bars reference for a loan sound machine bed bath beyond old cinemax late night movies thickness of soda can rotten hard boiled egg spectracide pro wasp and hornet killer cats drinking christmas tree water l-19 for sale how to tighten lug nuts without a torque wrench cost to put down a cat water coming from exhaust pipe