View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmkeller View Post
ChefGuy:

Didn't you live in Alaska for, like, ever? Is that not counted as Pacific Northwest? I can't imagine many places more Pacific, North or West than Alaska.
It's pretty much considered its own area and not really part of the PNW, although some might include it. According to Wiki, it includes Washington, Oregon and British Columbia west of the Rocky Mountains. Southeast Alaska would certainly fall into the temperate rain forest classification, but that stops pretty abruptly not too far north of Juneau when one encounters the Wrangell-St. Elias Mountains.

While I was born in Juneau, we moved to Anchorage when I was ten; South Central Alaska doesn't resemble the PNW in the least and the rest of the state may as well be on another planet.

Side note: I left Alaska when I was 20 and didn't return until I was 50, then left again after 11 years.
Best Topics: breath asure funny caveman names torpedo firing solution ornamental oranges double fences broad slang navy coffin locker pinhead disease chocking someone fastest working laxative kitten personality preacher cassidy eyes where can i refill my ink cartridge walgreens does microwaving food kill germs it prince albert in a can car squeals when started who said you can never go home again how to smoke filtered cigars no prescription eye glasses boiling point of rubbing alcohol rid x reviews septic what does a cursive capital g look like how long do you bake modeling clay in the oven