View Single Post
Old 05-21-2014, 11:25 PM
Charter Member
I'm sure that our ideas of nightlife differ dramatically, but there are lots of film festivals, a jazz festival, Blues on the Waterfront, concerts, etc., year round in this city. If you can't afford them, then that's one thing, but they are there nonetheless. The pubs all seem to be jammed, particularly on the weekends.

I also don't know what you mean by culture. Portland has a thriving art community and many galleries. There are artists here that are known worldwide. There are endless venues for music, everything from symphonies to one-man gigs, and several jazz clubs, concerts in the parks, at the zoo, etc. There's also the Portland Art Museum which has rotating displays all through the year on loan from other museums.

Good luck finding somewhere else that suits you better. I've lived here, in Washington state, Alaska, Washington DC, Virginia, Southern California, Idaho and Massachusetts, and traveled a good number of the larger cities in this country. I've also lived overseas for many years. Portland compares favorably with most of them. From what you've said, I don't think you'll be happy anywhere.
Best Topics: 210-120 source wall galactus roy warshawsky taking pills anally obama handsome ravens pet chicken yield percentage manly flower names j lawson ecards scope alcohol content angel of chastity trespass warrant aiya chinese turler watches penny scale zipcar or rental albuterol addiction tums vs pepcid metal house safety football definition freshwater shellfish swingers message boards christine taylor bald shovel tooth the maxx explained cone water cups children chopsticks vulcan life span colonel ives black church names dlsv rating jw girlfriend hasselhof drunk snoopy's bird wort archive brown lettuce cuckold female why does sex smell family feud fast money win one person angel food cake topping ideas why do people die close to their birthday as slow as molasses free blood pressure check walmart how to sing like an indie singer russell stover rosebud mints recipe got junk price estimator what percentage of ethnicity to claim for college joyce dewitt three's company body where to buy surgical tubing home depot what does mandatory evacuation mean movies like 500 days of summer reddit correct order of firefly same shirt different color best family feud fast money blood pressure machines walmart wells fargo cost of printing checks when will my wisdom teeth stop hurting polishing solid surface countertops first communion gift ideas for daughter sf giants home jerseys cold medicine makes me feel weird how much sound can kill you default device and default communication device how many carbs in bacardi rum pax tires for honda odyssey touring does 7 eleven sell eggs what does dry mustard taste like how to open window screen from inside i am the frito bandito song why do amish not have mustaches can you spend the night in an airport