Old 07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Did Tammy Faye really have her eyes tattooed?

Salon.com ran a story Wednesday in which Fenton Bailey and Randy Barbato say Tammy Faye Bakker Messner had her eye makeup "tattooed" onto her face. Ordinarily, I would have dismissed this as journalistic metaphor. But the authors use the word "tattooed" twice, and in the second instance toss it off as if it were fact. If it isn't fact, then it's sloppy over-use of a metaphor.

I've searched all over the internet and can't find any reference to the woman having her makeup tattoed to her face. Is this true or just lazy writing?

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off