Old 07-19-2009, 02:58 PM
Charter Member
Removing a stripped nut: need help quick!

I'm trying to replace the front sway bars on my 350Z, and one of the two nuts that holds the stock bar on was very tight, and I rounded it in trying to get it off.

Before doing too much damage, I squirted some WD-40 on it. Didn't help. Eventually, I used vise-grips, but they just rounded it further. (It's a 10mm/1.25 flange nut, if that makes any difference to anyone)

So now I'm stumped. I have an impact driver, but there's not enough clearance in that area to use it.

I'm thinking I'll have to take it to my repair shop and ask them to get it off somehow (and perhaps replace the sway bar while they're at it).

But if any of my fellow Dopers have any suggestions that will save me a couple of bucks, I'd appreciate it.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:38 AM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: pinnicle armor girls pinning guys melfina suitcase corinthian leather good hunting phrase staff vs stave jet porkins game wardens authority tanks direct n2o huffing glue effects myspace music player xo alcohol cooter slang diesel clatter telephone parts black currant taste water polo helmets vsop mean alexander sasha butter on bread nude swimming ymca nerf airplane your leige nyquil overdose latitude abbreviation allstate rental car cutting galvanized pipe squidward gay pilot scarves mermaid manatee how do you say asian in spanish c3po human cyborg relations quote how to remove black smoke from walls things made from cotton tell if an egg is hard boiled dead blow vs rubber mallet what does bonded mean on an application difference between welding and soldering the energy for plate tectonics comes from tying cherry stem with tongue waking up with cuts will splinter work itself out john mellencamp cherry bomb key stuck in ignition saturn in the absence of light darkness prevails wall of fire fireplace grate do you need to buy the base for a sleep number bed kate mulgrew and jeri ryan what kind of vinegar does subway use on their sandwiches place of birth passport city or state patton oswalt net worth dip me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbains swisher sweets cigarillos how to smoke what does indexing mean in outlook loss hair on legs foxen plural of fox stainless steel real recruitment in a similar vain computer connected to tv cuts off edges how to turn off water heater to save energy help getting up stairs