Old 10-18-2002, 02:57 AM
I fell off my bike yesterday!

I don't even know what happened, it all happened so fast... I just remember that I was pointing at something and somehow I lost control of my bike, and then there was the feeling ... you know, the feeling of impending doom, where it's unavoidable and all you can do is ride it out and try to make the best of the situation.

I scratched my arms up - someone commented on how it looked like I had been attacked by a cat. My knees were slightly scratched up, although not enough to be bloody. I somehow scraped my chest too, although my shirt survived without a tear. My right elbow was somewhat bloody - I must have some sort of reflex that causes me to always land on my right elbow, because last time I fell, my right elbow also bore the brunt of the impact. Looks like the scar from last time will finally be enjoying some company. Maybe I should wear a right-elbow-pad from now on?

My poor bike also suffered some wounds. Part of the lovely plastic gear-shifter was deeply gouged. The newly installed pedals have scratches on the edges now. The rubber ends of the handlebars were torn. The bike seems to have developed more kinks in the gear-chain system. It nearly brought a tear to my eye to see my trusty companion in such pain...

Better be more careful next time.
Old 10-18-2002, 09:08 AM
::applies Band-Aids to firagon's boo-boos::

All better?

Bike wrecks suck.
Old 10-18-2002, 11:27 AM
Welcome to my world. Don't pick the scabs.
Old 10-18-2002, 02:03 PM
That's not how it happened, firagon.

Armstrong was close enough to touch him, you had the momentum, up out of the saddle hurtling towards the finish line at 45mph+. He was toast, his lead of over 20 minutes had shrunk to a few seconds. Then he got desperate, slid right bumping his back tire with your front tire, sending you down in a heap just yards from passing him and taking first in Stage 13 of the Tour.....(Never mind it happened 3 months ago).

You have the road rash to prove it. Hold your head high.
Old 10-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Had a HEAD ON collision with another cyclist about a month ago on a canal towpath in Camden town:
Rounding a corner, neither of us had bells and then - Both our front forks and front brakes were smashed, I got his handlebar in my ribs and a face 3 inches from me as the back end of his bike came up. Ow.

I'm sure there are members ready to top that.
How about: Jon Jones; Deliberatly run over by a Road Rage Range Rover on the Gap roundabout, Old St.
Old 10-18-2002, 08:36 PM
Charter Member
Awww poor firagon.. That's always annoying. Last time I took a tumble I was at the movies (had biked over) I come out, climb onto my bike and head off the curb.. right into a speedbump.. I go sliding and come up barely stopping myself from cursing as there were kids around. I survived with a bruised knee and scraped hand.

*kisses firagon's owies better*
Old 10-18-2002, 08:42 PM
Charter Member
Awww poor firagon.. That's always annoying. Last time I took a tumble I was at the movies (had biked over) I come out, climb onto my bike and head off the curb.. right into a speedbump.. I go sliding and come up barely stopping myself from cursing as there were kids around. I survived with a bruised knee and scraped hand.

*kisses firagon's owies better*
Old 10-18-2002, 11:52 PM
I don't ride bikes anymore, because I usually fall off. I figure, I'm gointo run into things anyways, why help it happen?

you KNOW you're really clumsy when you fall off your snowmobile, when you're only going 30km/h... now THAT my freind, is pathetic.
Old 10-19-2002, 12:16 AM
I got a flat today on my bike. Can I join the party?

Actually, I'm kind of worried, as I haven't fallen down or got in an accident for a while, and I'm getting the feeling I'm about due. Last real crash was in June, when I came down off a curb into a pothole and then onto my face. Broke my glasses, cut my chin badly enough that I still have a scar, chipped a couple teeth, and suffered a few minor bruises. But I got to use the line "oh, I'm fine, my face broke my fall."