Old 11-23-2002, 08:57 PM
Styx song on the simpsons

ok i was watching the simpsons. it was the one where it was like a play on the story of oddysseus (sp?) and they said somehting about crosisn the river styx and then there was a sone playing. i would have to assume that it was a styx song but i cant seem to find out which one. can anyone help me out here!! thanks in advance
Old 11-23-2002, 08:58 PM
wow lots of typos there.... i think i get the jist of it...
Old 11-23-2002, 09:07 PM
I don't have a tape of the episode handy, but I'm almost sure the song you're referring to is Lady.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:08 PM
The song I believe was "Lady." I did not see that episode, but saw the preview. It was Styx's first radio hit. Personally, I feel it was the beginning of their creative demise. Not so much when they made the song, which was years before becoming a national hit, but when it finally got widespread airplay.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Road Rash
The song I believe was "Lady." I did not see that episode, but saw the preview. It was Styx's first radio hit. Personally, I feel it was the beginning of their creative demise. Not so much when they made the song, which was years before becoming a national hit, but when it finally got widespread airplay.
Sorry, I got carried away. I don't mean to start a debate about the worthyness of Styx. Disregard all after "...first radio hit."
Old 11-23-2002, 09:11 PM
thanks guys