Old 10-21-2003, 01:43 PM
Preventing backwash?

Is there a way to prevent it (aside from NOT DRINKING OUT OF THE JUICE CONTAINER STRAIGHT ON)?

Is there a way to prove or disprove if it happens, despite a certain person's assurance that they *don't* backwash, even accidentally, into the juice/milk/soda containers?
Old 10-21-2003, 02:15 PM
According to this site, "backwash" is very minimal:

http://panix.com/~iayork/backwash.html
Old 10-21-2003, 02:24 PM
mnmnn... I guess this means if I want no drinking from the carton I have to refrain from my uncivilised habit of nail biting, then.

Or have guests over often enough that such ... liberties wouldn't be taken by said party for fear of guests wanting to enjoy the same refreshments.

I thank you.
Old 10-21-2003, 04:53 PM
My Pop has a neat trick where he drinks from a container without letting it touch his lips. Guaranteed to be back-wash free.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:42 PM
Charter Member
Here's a link to a fairly recent discussion on a similar topic:
http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/...light=backwash
Old 10-23-2003, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mangetout
Here's a link to a fairly recent discussion on a similar topic:
http://boards.academicpursuits.us/sdmb/...light=backwash
Thanks. I did a search but got 0 results on that keyword, hrm?
Old 10-23-2003, 11:47 AM
Charter Member
Did you set the date parameter far enough back? (the default is 'in the last day')