Old 05-01-2000, 11:28 AM
Hey guys, I have the dubious honor of organizing my pals bachelor party. Consequently, I'm trying to put together a good mix tape to play as the soundtrack to our male bonding, sexist good time. (All in good fun of course)
Some songs I've thought of so far: Love Stinks, Chaingang, The Wanderer, and Tequilla (pee wee song)
Any other songs you could suggest for this sordid event?
Old 05-01-2000, 12:07 PM
1) Flesh for Fantasy
2) All My Rowdy Friends
3) Pearl Necklace
Old 05-01-2000, 12:18 PM
Where's Omni or android when you need them? I'm sure they'd be able to help you out. Seeing as I'm a chick, I have no good suggestions, however...

Nobody can be exactly like me. Sometimes even I have trouble doing it. -- Tallulah Bankhead (Thanks, Verrain)
Old 05-01-2000, 12:58 PM
Can't help with the recorded songs, but if you might want to sing a bit yourself, I might recommend http://half-mind.com - click on "Download the Half-mind Hymnal". These texts range from the risqué over the dirty to the just plain sick.
Old 05-02-2000, 02:53 AM
Charter Member
I recommending lots of Billy Idol, George Thorogood, Aerosmith, ZZ Top, Dick Dale, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Weird Al Yankovic. Stick with the up tempo stuff. Black Velvet's a good song for the stripper.
Old 05-02-2000, 03:47 AM
A few verses of "Barnacle Bill, the Sailor" are always appropriate at a bachelor party.

[singing] "I'll use my cock to pick the lock,
says Barnacle Bill, the Sailor...

I'll swing my bals and break the walls,
says Barnacle Bill, the Sailor..." [/singing]
Old 05-02-2000, 05:05 AM
Hmmmmmmmm . . . .

"My Ding-A-Ling" by Chuck Berry

"Friends In Low Places" a la Garth Brooks

"Marguritaville" - Jimmy the Buffman Buffett

"Oye Coma Va" - Carlos Santana

"All My Rowdy Friends . . ." or the "Monday Night Football Theme" - the very rowdy Hank Williams Jr.

other potentials:

"Gin and Juice" - Snoop Doggy Dog

"California Love" - Dr. Dre with Tupac

"Girls, Girls, Girls" - Motley Crue

and if you actually have girls there,

"Why Don't We Get Drunk and Screw" - Buffman again
Old 05-02-2000, 11:30 AM
So many song threads!

When you say bachelor party, I know you aren't from Australia - we call them buck shows here.

If you were in Australia, the perfect song for your party is currently getting lots of airplay on the radio. Unfortunately it's done by a local stand up comedian so it probably won't be released outside of Oz. It's called "Bloke" and it uses the same tune as the song that goes "I'm a bithc, I'm a mother..." etyc. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the woman who sang it.

The chorus of "Bloke":

[i]

I'm a bloke, I'm an Ocker, And I really like your knockers
I'm a labourer by day, I piss up all my pay
Watching footy on TV, Just feed me more VB
Just bring me beer and get my smokes and go away

I'm a bloke, I'm a yobbo, and my best mate's name is Robbo
Winfield's my cigarette, I dress in flannellette
A singlet that is blue, throw in a few tattoos
You know you wouldn't want me any other way"

Note: VB is Victoria Bitter beer - popular amongst working class men; as are Winfield cigartettes, which were once advertised by Paul Hogan - Mr Crocodile Dundee before he got famous.
Old 05-02-2000, 11:45 AM
The Thong Song
Tina Turner's What's Love Got To Do With It
Stand By Your Man and DIVORCE
Paradise By The Dashboard Lights

My blog sucks.
Old 05-02-2000, 12:16 PM
"(Take Away This) Ball and Chain" by Social Distortion

"(Love Feels Like a) Ball and Chain" by Aldo Nova

"The End" by the Doors

"Fooled Around and Fell in Love" by Foghat

"Nobody Left to Run With Anymore" by Greg Allman

"I Like Big Tits" by Joe Walsh

Just to name a few ...
Old 05-02-2000, 07:31 PM
How could I forget Joe Walsh's ILBT's ?! Ball and Chain, another fine choice. I'll have to look into Black Velvet...
As for the poster from Oz, I think the "yobbo" reference might fall a little flat here in the states! Many fine suggestions here, any others?
Old 05-04-2000, 12:26 AM
Quote:

"I Like Big Tits" by Joe Walsh

Hey, I have never heard this one! What album is it on, 'cos I wanna check it out! It just might have the right line to replace my current sig...