Old 01-23-2004, 11:18 AM
Godfather Wedding Song?

In the opening scenes of The Godfather, at Connie & Carlo's wedding -- an old man gets up on the bandstand and sings a song in Italian, accompanied by vaguely obscene hand gestures, and just cracks up the audience.

Does anybody know the lyrics (preferably in English)?

(I'm prompted to post this by the episode of The Simpsons I saw last night, where homer sings the song (complete with hand gestures) at Apu's wedding).

If you do a Google search on godfather wedding song, all you get is various references to Al Martino singing "Speak Softly Love (Godfather Love Theme)".
Old 01-23-2004, 01:16 PM
A comic Sicilian song, Luna Mezzo Mare, by Paolo Citorello, known in English as Lazy Mary and Oh! Ma-Ma!

The whole story of the song.
Old 01-23-2004, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walloon
A comic Sicilian song, Luna Mezzo Mare, by Paolo Citorello, known in English as Lazy Mary and Oh! Ma-Ma!

The whole story of the song.
Wow. I knew I came to the right place....

Molto grazie.