Old 03-23-2004, 10:58 PM
Who really did the funky 80's song "White Horse."

That song got into my head lately (If you wanna ride, ride the white horse). For some reason I never knew just who did that song. I did a little web search and found it was from a group called "laid back." Another web site says it is from the Gap Band. Now I feel no need to provide links, since I am not defending anything, but it is not unknown for performers or groups to do stuff under a pseudonym.

So tell me what you know about this funky slop.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:05 PM
Charter Member
I remember only the "Laid Back" version. IIRC, they were a Dutch or German group, unlike the Gap Band.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:45 PM
You pulled THAT one outta your butt, Road Rash! Whoa... haven't heard that in years.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:41 AM
Charter Member
The All Music Guide says the song was by Laid Back. They were Dutch.

NRBQ also seems to have recorded a version.
"If a person saying he was something was all there was to it, this country'd be full of rich men and good-looking women. Too bad it isn't that easy.... In short, when someone else says you're a writer, that's when you're a writer... not before."
Purveyor of fine science fiction since 1982.