Old 03-23-2004, 11:58 PM
Who really did the funky 80's song "White Horse."

That song got into my head lately (If you wanna ride, ride the white horse). For some reason I never knew just who did that song. I did a little web search and found it was from a group called "laid back." Another web site says it is from the Gap Band. Now I feel no need to provide links, since I am not defending anything, but it is not unknown for performers or groups to do stuff under a pseudonym.

So tell me what you know about this funky slop.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:05 AM
Charter Member
I remember only the "Laid Back" version. IIRC, they were a Dutch or German group, unlike the Gap Band.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:45 AM
You pulled THAT one outta your butt, Road Rash! Whoa... haven't heard that in years.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:41 AM
Charter Member
The All Music Guide says the song was by Laid Back. They were Dutch.

NRBQ also seems to have recorded a version.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off