Old 04-10-2004, 06:03 PM
B. Hunt or H. Hunt? Q: Actresses

OK, IMDB let me down. Didn't either Helen or Bonnie Hunt star in the recent sit-com "Mad About You"? I WAG it was Helen Hunt. And, didn't Helen (or Bonnie) have a minor, short-running role in St. Elsewhere? Last, are they related?

I am surprised IMDB missed mentioning such things. I thought the database was very thorough. Thanks for clarifying...
- Jinx
Old 04-10-2004, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
OK, IMDB let me down. Didn't either Helen or Bonnie Hunt star in the recent sit-com "Mad About You"? I WAG it was Helen Hunt. And, didn't Helen (or Bonnie) have a minor, short-running role in St. Elsewhere? Last, are they related?

I am surprised IMDB missed mentioning such things. I thought the database was very thorough. Thanks for clarifying...
- Jinx
Um, did you look here? (Yes, it was Helen Hunt.)
Old 04-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Your guess of Helen Hunt was correct:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0103484/

Helen Hunt played Clancy Williams from 1984-1986 on St. Elsewhere
http://imdb.com/title/tt0083483/fullcredits

No apparent relationship that I could find.
Old 04-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Is IMDB That Hard To Use?

My father-in-law is the movie buff. He swears by IMDB. This was my first visit. I simply did a search by "People". How hard can that be? It came up with little to nothing on Helen Hunt...more about variations of the name, etc. Don't know how I could have missed it...is there some trick to searching their website I missed?
- Jinx
Old 04-10-2004, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
My father-in-law is the movie buff. He swears by IMDB. This was my first visit. I simply did a search by "People". How hard can that be? It came up with little to nothing on Helen Hunt...more about variations of the name, etc. Don't know how I could have missed it...is there some trick to searching their website I missed?
- Jinx

When you searched for Helen Hunt under "People", you probably got this page. This tells you that there are three people with that name -- two actresses and one makeup artist. The one actress was active in 1928, leaving the other (who was listed with As Good As It Gets. That would be her. (Helen Hunt I). Click on that link and find a whole ton of info and a picture on this page.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:39 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyAccurate
Your guess of Helen Hunt was correct:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0103484/

Helen Hunt played Clancy Williams from 1984-1986 on St. Elsewhere
http://imdb.com/title/tt0083483/fullcredits

No apparent relationship that I could find.
Nope, the Helen Hunt on St. Elsewhere grew up to be the Helen Hunt on Mad About You.

There was also an actress named Bonnie Bartlett who was also on St. Elsewhere.
Old 04-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Nope, the Helen Hunt on St. Elsewhere grew up to be the Helen Hunt on Mad About You.
I think he was replying to the question in the OP if Bonnie Hunt and Helen Hunt were related.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:42 PM
Any relation to Mike Hunt?