Old 07-12-2004, 10:58 AM
Do Some Women Have Teeth Inside Of Their Vaginas?

Is it true that there have been cases of women who had teeth growing inside their vaginas, and that these was discovered during gynecological exams?

If so, what is the cause of this phenomenon? Do they have just one or two teeth or is it a fully-developed set??

Thanks.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:04 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal
Is it true that there have been cases of women who had teeth growing inside their vaginas, and that these was discovered during gynecological exams?

If so, what is the cause of this phenomenon? Do they have just one or two teeth or is it a fully-developed set??

Thanks.
Is it true that some people ask inane questions ?

Whatever the bowels of medical history may reveal, I'll be damned if any woman ever grew a full set of gnashers inside her, eh, gnasher.

Don't ask silly questions.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:07 AM
Quote:

Thanks.
I don't know about in the vagina, but dermoid tumors or teratomas are fairly common, which have been known to include teeth. Those form on the ovaries, not in the vagina, though. I had one that included two teeth, sweat glands, and hair which claimed my right ovary when I was 22. They are very rarely cancerous. As my doctor explained it to me, being in that area, the tumors have the blueprints to do just about anything. They are not babies gone wrong, do not resemble babies at all as they are just kind of a lump like any other tumor, and have been discussed several times on this board. You can also google either of those terms I gave you for pictures and such.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:12 AM
Quote:

Thanks.
It's true! Cause mama don't lie. She said don't stick anything up there or it might just get bit off.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinks2Much
I don't know about in the vagina, but dermoid tumors or teratomas are fairly common, which have been known to include teeth.
So, like, unfertilized eggs go tumorous and start spawning all sorts of people pieces? Freakish! That's almost as weird as human chimeras!

Back to the OP: If you're feeling teeth, you stuck in the wrong end. That may mean two things:

1. You need new glasses
2. She so ugly you can't tell the difference, in which case RUN!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:27 AM
Ah, the age-old Vagine Dentata!

(Vagina Dentata!
What a [i]wonderful phrase
Vagina Dentate
Ain't no passing craze

It means lotsa worries
For the rest of your days
It's sex phobia
That sticks to ya

Vagina Dentata!)

Maybe this is part of that "Elaborate Sexual Intercourse" referred to in the thread currently below yhis one?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
The OP is far from inane IMHO. Vagina dentata is part of manyy cultures' folklore. There are also "real" cases.

Cite:
http://healthcentral.com/DrDean/...s.cfm?ID=13198

Quote:
Can you imagine? Day in and day out, nothing but pap smears,
and then one day you put in the speculum and there are some
choppers staring back at you!

Well, that woman had a dermoid cyst. Dermoid cysts are
derived from the outer layers of embryonic skin, and they are
capable of growing hair and teeth and bones, anything that
comes from the outer layers of the embryo. They can occur
anywhere.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Thanks.

When I added the word 'dermoid' to my Google search, per Thinks2Much's suggestion, I was able to find confirmation of vaginal teeth from Dr. Dean Edell

http://healthcentral.com/drdean/...=DeanQuestions

"Iíll tell you a funny story. People think Iím making this up. There is a case in a medical journal, I have it in my files, of a gynecologist who actually was doing a Pap-smear on a woman and he saw teeth looking back at him. Thatís not a place in the body you expect to see teeth, despite all the jokes. This woman had a dermoid, which can also occur in the pelvic region. It had teeth in it and it had erupted next to her cervix."
Old 07-12-2004, 11:30 AM
It's true! Here's a horrifying tale about one such incident.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:37 AM
Charter Member
< blink >

< blink-blink >

Hey, Surreal!

Wanna buy some gen-u-wine Yeti fur slippers?

Oh, there are people who'll tell you that they're rabbit fur slippers.

That's what They want you to believe. THEM! THAT'S WHO!

But you just send me 50,000,000 Outer Slobbovian Pazzoozzas (cash only, no checks), and I'll send you these fine Yeti fur slippers.

'Kay?

DEAL!
Old 07-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham
Sounds like either a band, or a Frank Zappa song

Declan
Old 07-12-2004, 12:23 PM
Charter Member
Quote:

Whatever the bowels of medical history may reveal, I'll be damned if any woman ever grew a full set of gnashers inside her, eh, gnasher.

You need to hang out with some more medical students or doctors, then. It's absolutely amazing what bizarre and utterly disgusting stuff the body is capable of. I got a full run-down on tumors and the body parts and organs they can generate. Teeth in the vagina is utterly plausible. I'm actually surprised that there's aren't many more documented cases.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:34 PM
We should not overlook the possibility that teeth found in a vagina might have been left behind by someone else.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Early Out
We should not overlook the possibility that teeth found in a vagina might have been left behind by someone else.
Like who, Grampa?

BTW, here's a real case (sorry, can't link to full text)
Old 07-12-2004, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlGauss
Like who, Grampa?
Exactly what I was thinking of!
Old 07-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Sex with a real bite to it!
Old 07-12-2004, 01:48 PM
but Mom, we weren't doing anything dirty-I was just helping Suzy floss..
Old 07-12-2004, 02:03 PM
This thread reminds me of the punchline to one of my favorite jokes:
Quote:
Wow, you're right; you don't have any teeth down there. But your gums are in horrible shape!
Old 07-12-2004, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal
. . . was doing a Pap-smear on a woman and he saw teeth looking back at him.

Musta been eyeteeth.

RR
Old 07-12-2004, 03:05 PM
The Master speaketh. He doesn't address teratoma-induced vagina dentata specifically, but what he does say about it doesn't leaves the conclusion close enough to jump to.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Strike the second occurrence of "doesn't".
Old 07-12-2004, 04:23 PM
Ogministrator
Charter Member
Quote:
Achilles, please leave the moderating to the mods.

Thank you.

-xash
General Questions Moderator
Old 07-12-2004, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan

Declan
Hey that was a band! In about 1987 the L.A. punk fanzine Flipside released their second "Vinyl fanzine" (LP) which featured about 20 bands, one of them Vagina Dentata, with one of the better songs on the album, "Golden Boys." I had the idea at the time they may have been Japanese because of the accents in the little into-to-the-song groove all the bands got, but I could be wrong.
Old 07-12-2004, 06:06 PM
Queen of Wands already did it...
Old 07-12-2004, 06:24 PM
Charter Member
"teratoma-induced vagina dentata"

This is another one of those things that I NEVER EVER thought could ever occur in real life.

Thanks, SDMB. I'm gonna have really weird dreams tonight.

:: twitch ::

:: whimper ::
Old 07-12-2004, 06:39 PM
Man, why does fighting ignorance have to be so icky?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olentzero
The Master speaketh. He doesn't address teratoma-induced vagina dentata specifically, but what he does say about it doesn't leaves the conclusion close enough to jump to.
From the above column .....

"tumor-driven cell division results in a lot of the same stuff you see in a developing fetus, including cartilage, bone, teeth, hair, brain tissue, and sometimes even bowel, skull, vertebrae, and eyes."

(Bolding mine)

Brain tissue?

If this can happen, it can presumably happen "to the extreme" and form a fully functioning human being - however unlikely!

Could this explain the Immaculate Conception?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosda Di'Chi of Tricor
Wanna buy some gen-u-wine Yeti fur slippers?
Alot of people died in order to get the fur for those slippers.........I have 1634 gen-u-wine human skin slippers for the trouble of trying to get my fur.....
Old 07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
Why oh why did I read this thread?
Old 07-12-2004, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Violet
If this can happen, it can presumably happen "to the extreme" and form a fully functioning human being - however unlikely!

If one is going to reject the supernatural in trying to explain the IC (as I have), I think it's far more likely that the story is simply wrong (i.e. Jesus was conceived like you and I) than that He was a tumor....

But then, "Jesus Was A Tumor" is of course a great band name...
Old 07-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by World Eater
Why oh why did I read this thread?
Just wanted to say - great Username/Thread Title match.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Up until now, I thought I was special 'cause I once found a blueberry in my navel.

Man, do I feel low.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revtim
I think it's far more likely that the story is simply wrong (i.e. Jesus was conceived like you and I) than that He was a tumor...
Our teratoma, who art in heaven...

Yeah, I mean, even at the age of eight, I was able to see the obvious application of Occam's razor and deduce that it was far more likely the following scene occured, somewhere about -0.75 BC, than the tale of IC:

MARY: But I swear papa, I did not lie with the barbarian man with the large uncircumsized penis.

PAPA: <bemused, obviously not willing to imagine his little Mary knocking boots with the barbarian man with the large uncircumsized penis> Well, if you say so, my little Mary... ;j

MAMA: <imagining the barbarian man with the large uncircumsized penis> Then why are you with child, dear?

MARY: It was God, mama. God came upon... err... came to me, and now I am with child. It is God's child... immaculately conceived.

TOWN ELDER: <has seen it all before> OK, then. Standing policy on young virgins inseminated by God and not the large uncircumised barbarian is... <flips to well dog-eared page of the book of wisdom> Banishment. You shall be given a camel and a flagon of water and sent into the desert. :wally

TOWN ELDER: Next case, that of one Joseph, also accused of lying with the barbarian man with the large... [fade out]
Old 07-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Quote:

"tumor-driven cell division results in a lot of the same stuff you see in a developing fetus, including cartilage, bone, teeth, hair, brain tissue, and sometimes even bowel, skull, vertebrae, and eyes."

(Bolding mine)

Brain tissue?

No- if you read one sentence further, Cecil also said
Quote:
It's all chaotically arranged and bears no resemblance to an actual embryo.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Quote:

I'm pretty sure it was the plot of an old Osamu Tezuka manga. And Tezuka's kind of a god...
Old 07-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Quote:

(Bolding mine)

Brain tissue?

No, if you read one sentence further, Cecil also said
Quote:
It's all chaotically arranged and bears no resemblance to an actual embryo.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally posted by Shrinking Violet

Just wanted to say - great Username/Thread Title match.
Did you check out the OP's location?
Old 07-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Charter Member
Watch out boy, she'll chew you up

And you though the Hall and Oatessong was figurative.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:24 PM
Charter Member
And she said, "Oh, good! Now, I can tell Cyrus I found his dentures."
Old 07-12-2004, 09:17 PM
Quote:
"Immaculate Conception" doesn't mean what you think it means. It refers to the conception of Mary by her (non-virginal) mother without original sin.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Pow
Man, why does fighting ignorance have to be so icky?
I am not icky!
Old 07-12-2004, 09:57 PM
I have to ask, is fighting ignorant at all like fighting drunk? I just picture some guy saying "I have no idea, wanna fight about it?"

Sorry. Proceed.
Old 07-12-2004, 10:04 PM
While we're talking about the Virgin Mary, here's a cartoon I saw many years ago.

A very obviously-pregnant Virgin Mary is looking up at the sky.
The voice of God is booming "I never said I'd marry you."

Sorry, nothing to do with vagina dentata but it was a story that had to be told.

Isn't vagina dentata a song from the "Lion King"?
Old 07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_dePlume
"Immaculate Conception" doesn't mean what you think it means. It refers to the conception of Mary by her (non-virginal) mother without original sin.
That was one of the few things I knew that Ben Stein didn't on "Win Ben Stein's Money". I totally forgot about it in this thread.
Old 07-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_dePlume
Not being of a religious bent, I didn't know that ..... you live and learn! I think most knew what I meant though.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:14 PM
Teratomas can consist of easily identified parenchymal tissues derived from more than one germ line, or they can also be devoid of any real organization -- especially solid teratomas. The term "dermoid" is sometimes reserved for well-ordered structures with well differentiated ecto- and mesodermal elements surrounding an endodermal core. Aside from the usually harmless muscle, skin, bone, hair, teeth or fat, we should always consider other possibilities like physiologically active endocrine -or even neural- tissue.

Forget vagina denata; what keeps me up at night is the idea of vagina mentata.
Old 07-14-2004, 04:16 PM
Oops. I meant to note that the above is from my notes for a brief talk I gave recently
Old 07-14-2004, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalMeacham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Declan
Yeah, I was thinkin' either that or The Lion King.
Old 07-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by KP
Aside from the usually harmless muscle, skin, bone, hair, teeth or fat, we should always consider other possibilities like physiologically active endocrine -or even neural- tissue.
Some tumors do have that, in case other people aren't aware. Pheochromocytomas, some lung tumors, etc. Because every cell has the genetic basis of everything, tumors can and do make pretty much anything. There have been evidence of working joints in teratomas. Spooky.
I would make a comment about the second poster, but it has already been beaten into the ground. How about apologizing to Surreal though?
Old 07-14-2004, 05:41 PM
This is all fine and good, but could someone please help me find my keys.