Old 12-06-2004, 01:34 AM
BANNED
What the hell is Tony Soprano's tattoo?

Does anyone know what it is? I've freeze-framed on the DVDs many times to try to figure out what Tony Soprano has tattooed on his right tricep; it just looks like an incoherent blob to me.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:53 AM
From the Sopranoland FAQ
Quote:
What is the tattoo on Tony's shoulder? Is it real?

It is a tiger and no, it is Temptu. Temptu has provided James Gandolfini with a variety of "tattoos" for his numerous stage and big screen roles. They have also created "tattoos" for other Sopranos actors (Aida Turturro's is also a Temptu stock item) and for the other hit HBO show, OZ.:
Link to pic.

It looks more like a leopard to me, though.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:57 AM
...though I guess it is a tiger.

Here's a gif of the transfer.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:30 AM
But the placement makes it look like it's climbing, leading me to also think it's a leopard. Though my first thought was a cheetah. You know, always outrunning things like death. I tend to see more in tats than even those that get them to be "cool"

*duffer, 3 tats and getting the 4th next month. A huge family crest across my back*

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

Send questions for Cecil Adams to: [email protected]

Send comments about this website to:

Terms of Use / Privacy Policy

Advertise on the Straight Dope!
(Your direct line to thousands of the smartest, hippest people on the planet, plus a few total dipsticks.)

Publishers - interested in subscribing to the Straight Dope?
Write to: [email protected].

Copyright 2017 Sun-Times Media, LLC.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: sirius advertisement teflon dishwasher pampered chef thermometer i hate steam mercurochrome banned sleepwalkers imdb meaning of outed demented movies raw egg test bbcode spoiler box stage hipnosis sink drain stuck leftover meatballs rolling code lost netflix dvd cat drinking coffee 120mb data antimicrobial pens sokar sg1 3.5 ultimate magus ww2 cars penile piercing vicodin recreational use red drug hdmi cable ebay bill murray stickers video vs film radio dj names abdessalam jelloul colitas meaning united states minor stoma sex taekwondo cost sleeper choke pigeon or pidgeon how long can an engine run without oil what does dh mean what does car trim mean why is the pound stronger than the dollar how long should men's fingernails be random white hair on face whirlpool dryer door switch bypass how to wash a knit blanket hole in back of mouth torque wrench socket extension formula no hot water in apartment is being called cute a good thing first dentist visit in years how long is a couple of weeks best black dye for cotton usps mailbox lock broken putting on the foil we are the dreamers of dreams willy wonka be kind everyone is fighting a great battle is 132 iq good how much does it cost to euthanize a cat internet music database like imdb glock discharge without pulling trigger best books on watergate can the president propose laws timberland pro vs timberland how to remove ceramic tiles from wooden floor how much to tip appliance delivery oil in the spark plug words that start with ñ karcher pressure washer hose how to repair