Old 12-14-2004, 03:48 PM
Is a Holton T602 trumpet any good?

My daughter is in the beginner band at her school and is playing the trumpet. We've been renting her instrument so far this year in case she decided she wasn't going to stick with it, but she seems to really be getting into the whole band thing. So I thought maybe a used, beginner's level horn might make a good Christmas present for her and I found a Holton T602 at one of the local pawn shops that seems to be in pretty good condition. Her band teacher had said to try to find a Yamaha or King trumpet, and I'm very leery of the cheapy jobs from somewhere like Wal-Mart, but I can't seem to find any info about how Holton's compare to the others quality-wise.

So, how about it y'all? Anybody out there have any experience good or bad with Holton trumpets? Will they kick her out of the school band if she shows up with it after the holidays? Or will anybody be able to tell the difference at the beginner level?

Thanks,
SC

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 PM.

Copyright © 2017
Best Topics: mean pussy thumb nose squeaky bra pitbull taser dirty easter jokes cats euthanasia cost cat ate weed cat lions voltmeter multimeter gor novel naval brig miramar postmarked envelope patio burritos ugly lawn ornaments picketts beer dumpster trademark shadowrun totems judge judy ending projector for powerpoint cats loafing dental tablets cute hispanic narrow heel inserts ibuprofen drowsy ibm splits kingdom hospital antubis annoying singing my milkshake meaning titanic watertight doors daniel davis gay how much to install a bowling alley in your home most common zodiac sign federal delinquent taxpayer list kill a tree with bleach can i burn coal in a wood stove about how many chicken breasts are in a pound revenge on ex boss does the dollar sign come before or after air conditioner sounds like water dripping what type of paint for trim and baseboards one flight of stairs blue square yellow stripes missing a period on the pill how to die naturally harvard of the south hard songs to sing salad cream vs mayo pizza hut won't deliver to my house how to cut aluminum siding with a circular saw tanning salon for men outback curbside take away johnny's seasoning salt vs lawry's height vs shoe size chart sunny d purple stuff how to tell authentic dooney and bourke neck air conditioner sharper image being a garbage man do you have to accept certified mail where do djs get acapellas hotel california santa monica eagles faberge spider brooch price are transition lenses good disposal clogged double sink