Old 03-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Simpsons葉he "Commie-Nazi" flag?

Just a quick Simpsons question...

A few years back, the show had a clip of a "McBain" movie where the hero was being attacked by jet fighters flown by the dreaded "Commie-Nazis." We got to see the side of one of these guys' jets, showing a flag that integrated (as I remember) a hammer & sickle and a swastika.

I was just wondering if anyone could refresh my memory about what that flag looked like.

Well, thanks for your time,

Ranchoth
Old 03-28-2005, 10:04 AM
http://imagemonster.org/getimg/commienazis.jpg
Old 03-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Hey it may have been a joke for the Simpsons, but "commie Nazis" actually exist - the National Bolsheviks, started by the former emigre writer Eduard Limonov, who's actually a pretty good writer when not running schizophrenic Nazi-punk parties.
here's their flag, a much cleaner design than MacBain's people came up with.
Wikipedia article.
Old 03-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Excellent容r, not excellent that commie-nazis exist, but that's greatly helpful information on both fronts.

Much obliged, and thanks for your help!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:21 PM
OK, so who is Mendoza?
Old 03-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I recall seeing a similar flag on some other cartoon...I want to say Family Guy but it's probably wrong. It was funnier than these examples, though, since it had the sickle and hammer outrageously twisted to form the swastika.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrot
OK, so who is Mendoza?
Mendoza was an old pal of McBain's who was brutally murdered in a restaurant right in front of McBain the day before Mendoza was to retire from the force. He had planned to spend his retirement sailing the world on his boat, ironically named the Live-4-Ever.

McBain fought the Commie-Nazis while attempting to deliver penny donations to UNICEF. As far as I know, the two adventures are unrelated. I'm not really a big McBain fan. I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in Springfield.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:35 PM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timchik
Hey it may have been a joke for the Simpsons, but "commie Nazis" actually exist - the National Bolsheviks, started by the former emigre writer Eduard Limonov, who's actually a pretty good writer when not running schizophrenic Nazi-punk parties.
here's their flag, a much cleaner design than MacBain's people came up with.
Wikipedia article.
From the article:

Quote:
National Bolshevism is an ideology that attempts to combine elements of fascism and stalinism. Influenced heavily by the idea of geopolitics, National Bolshevism seeks a merger between Russia and the rest of Europe in a union to be known as Eurasia.
Cool! Can we be Oceania?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:04 PM
Only if you've always been at war with Eastasia.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobo85
Mendoza was an old pal of McBain's who was brutally murdered in a restaurant right in front of McBain the day before Mendoza was to retire from the force. He had planned to spend his retirement sailing the world on his boat, ironically named the Live-4-Ever.
Mendoza is the villain who ordered the hit on McBain, not his partner who is on the recieving end of it. McBain's buddy is named Skoey, who is also his music guy on his talk show. (at least I think the guy who got shot was named Skoey, I know that's who the music guy is)
Old 03-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spudo
Mendoza is the villain who ordered the hit on McBain, not his partner who is on the recieving end of it. McBain's buddy is named Skoey, who is also his music guy on his talk show. (at least I think the guy who got shot was named Skoey, I know that's who the music guy is)
You know who Skoey is? You must be some sort of homozexual!
Old 03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTheVool
You know who Skoey is? You must be some sort of homozexual!
The FOX Network has sunk to a new low.

ツォ Previous Thread | Next Thread ツサ