Old 05-23-2005, 03:06 PM
What does the G in Maynard G. Krebs stand for?

Goofball?

Seriously, I have no idea and inquiring minds really want to know.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:14 PM
According to the IMDB:

Quote:
What did the middle initial in Maynard G. Krebbs, stand for? In one episode, and one only, someone asked this question, Maynard stated that the "G" stood for Walter!
Old 05-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Interesting, actually. The Romance forms of the name "Walter" begin with "G" because words don't begin with a "w" sound in those languages. "Galterio" is Italian for "Walter" and "Galtero" is Spanish. "Gaultier" is French.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Charter Member
***Caution*** Link shows pro rassler in his work uniform: Wrestling tights and no shirt.

This is sorta like late pro rassler Rufus R. Jones. He would say, "The name is Rufus Aruh Jones--and the "aruh" stands for "guts!"
Old 05-23-2005, 03:21 PM
So you're saying it did not stand for "Gilligan"?
Old 05-23-2005, 03:28 PM
Charter Member
Gilroy!

Gilroy!

He was cousin to Zelda!

OK, I made it up, but I bet I could've made someone here believe it.
Old 05-23-2005, 03:52 PM
What was Jughead Jones' middle initial?

What did stand for?

What was "Slip" Mahoney's middle name? (Trick question)
After he finished his work on conditioning dogs, Ivan Petrovich Pavlov ambitiously tried his theories on angels, eventually training a flock of them to go and get their wings from a rack when signaled with a bell.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:05 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarTed
Gilroy!

He was cousin to Zelda!

OK, I made it up, but I bet I could've made someone here believe it.
Zelda.
I was nuts for Zelda.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivorousplant
Zelda.
I was nuts for Zelda.
Zelda doesn't like nuts...

Old 05-23-2005, 04:23 PM
KB not found. Press any key
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay
Zelda doesn't like nuts...
You're a riot, you are. A riot.
Old 05-23-2005, 04:25 PM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayjay
Interesting, actually. The Romance forms of the name "Walter" begin with "G" because words don't begin with a "w" sound in those languages. "Galterio" is Italian for "Walter" and "Galtero" is Spanish. "Gaultier" is French.
Isn't it "Gualterio"?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acsenray
Isn't it "Gualterio"?
Probably. The baby name site that I checked to make sure my vague memory was correct had it the way I spelled it, but the reliability of random webpages is notoriously iffy, so that very well may be the correct spelling.