Old 06-03-2005, 02:54 PM
Why won't craigslist let me post this?

I'm trying to find someone to keep (soon to be) my sailboat in exchange for the use of it, so I posted the following to craigslist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus(:3=
I will soon be getting a small (12') Pelican sailboat from a relative, and I need a place to keep it. I'm looking for someone who has a place to park the boat trailer and would like to do so in exchange for shared use of the sailboat.
But I can't post it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigslist
This posting is being blocked: Error 4124056

Common reasons include:

* Personals ad appears to contain a phone #, email address, or URL
* Post contains links to commercial websites
* Post contains links to auctions

Other possibilities are listed in the Conduct section of our Terms of Use
I can't find anything in the terms that I'm violating, I can't figure out how to actually contact them, and the help link on craigslist seems to be completely useless (Just a forum full of people whining about being unfairly targeted for blocking/deletion. You know, like me). Oh wise Dopers, I ask of you: What could possibly be causing my post to be blocked?

Note to mods: I'm not trying to advertise on the SDMB. I included the text of my post because I assume there's some magic word there that's triggering a filter, and thought people might know how I could reword it. If this falls outside the boundaries of allowed posts, I apologize and accept its deletion.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:13 PM
Charter Member
I have nothing better to do this afternoon so I decided to try to help out a homeboy.

I just tried to post the exact text in the Barter section and it posted without any problems (I immediately deleted it). Maybe you didn't fill out all of the fields on above the main posting box. There is one that asks for a price so I just put in $1. Maybe it didn't like the title of your ad.

I'd give it another try.

Haj
Old 06-03-2005, 03:25 PM
Still no luck Haj. For more information, the title I'm using is "12' Pelican Small Sailboat. Share for storage space - $1" I tried putting a price in and leaving it blank. I tried posting in barter, and in boats.

Maybe craigslist has some secret vendetta against me.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Wild guess here, but it costs nothing to try -- take out the apostrophe thing and replace it with the word "feet." It could be a software issue with the apostrophe character.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:55 PM
Charter Member
Check your email.

Haj
Old 06-03-2005, 04:59 PM
Thanks very much Haj.