Something along these lines should do the trick:

mors (omnibus) tyrannis = death to (all) tyrants

or

mors (omnibus) tyrannis sit = let there be death to (all) tyrants

or

(omnes) tyranni moriantur = let (all) tyrants die
Old 06-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Charter Member
"Sic Semper Tyrannus" should do the trick. Though literally, it means "Thus always to tyrants," it expresses the concept more powerfully.
Old 06-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityChuck
"Sic Semper Tyrannus" should do the trick. Though literally, it means "Thus always to tyrants," it expresses the concept more powerfully.
If only because that's what John Wilkes Booth said
Old 06-28-2005, 02:04 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member
And it's the state motto of Virginia.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:37 PM
Yeah, but the Virginia state seal has Liberty standing on a dead tyrant, so it provides context. If you just say "Sic semper tyrannus", somebody is going to ask "Quid semper tyrannus?", and you'd have to say "Mors semper tyrannus."