Old 07-20-2005, 03:09 PM
Firefly: Origin of "can't stop the signal"

What's the origin of this phrase, used so often by online Firefly fans?
Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toadspittle
What's the origin of this phrase, used so often by online Firefly fans?
It's a line from the new movie.

I'll refrain from explaining its context, because I don't want to give away any plot points from the movie.

You could also read it (I do) as a reference to Firefly itself, which managed to grow and spread through its fans, despite the network's best efforts to prevent anyone from seeing it or learning to like it.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherQueen
It's a line from the new movie.

I'll refrain from explaining its context, because I don't want to give away any plot points from the movie.

You could also read it (I do) as a reference to Firefly itself, which managed to grow and spread through its fans, despite the network's best efforts to prevent anyone from seeing it or learning to like it.
More directly, Joss and the other marketting guys for the movie have made it the fiilm's tagline. cantstopthesignal.com is the site for the early peviews.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Quote:
SPOILER:
River is made of chocolate!
Old 07-20-2005, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervaise
SPOILER:
River is made of chocolate!
SPOILER:
And Book is Mal's father!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:25 PM
Quote:
Just to echo what's already been said, it's basically a "fuck you" to Fox, who cancelled the series.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camus
Just to echo what's already been said, it's basically a "fuck you" to Fox, who cancelled the series.
And Yet they should be greatful fox released the Series to DVD assuring a wider fan base...

I never watched the show when it was on and "discovered" it on DVD.