Old 04-22-2006, 03:41 PM
Charter Member
Hop 'n Gator

I've noticed that Pittsburgh Brewing Co. has brought back Hop n' Gator. They had stopped making it in the very early 70's so I've never had it. To tell you the truth, it doesn't sound like anything I'd like.

But I thought I'd ask. Has anyone here had it/ How is it?
Any idea what the alcohol content is?
Old 04-22-2006, 10:33 PM
Wow, what a blast from the past.

Many moons ago when I was a kid (approx. 18) collecting beer cans, I ran across a can of this swill in Zanesville, OH. Bought a can of it for the collection. As you probably know, it is a lemon flavored beer. I thought it was hideous and I enjoy a lime in my Corona. YMMV, but I can't recommend it on my limited experience.

Jammer
Old 04-23-2006, 02:06 AM
Charter Member
They're selling it at this weird little tobacco store in downtown West Allis for $1.48 for a 6 pack of 12 ounce glass bottles.
I was intrigued that one could buy anything nowdays for a meager $1.48 for six 12 ounce glass bottles.

I didn't buy it because I was on company time and only stepped in to grab a cold soda. Perhaps I'll give it a try next weekend and report my findings.

Until then; if anyone else has tried it, let's hear from you.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:03 PM
I haven't seen Hop'N'Gator in months, even at the bar of a former Pittsburgh Brewing brewmaster, which would probably be why it's $1.48!

(I didn't drink it when I saw it there, mostly because I've boycotted malternatives for taking the shelf space away from craft brews, so I couldn't tell you how it is/should be).
Old 09-24-2011, 09:51 PM
I didn't realize it was being made again. Like the other guy, I had a beer can collection and my dad would typically get beer on road trips. I tasted it as a kid and really liked it