Old 06-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Pickup truck bed side panels

I am looking for some side panels to extend the sides of my pickup truck bed higher, in order to haul some brush and other light items. I have tried googling, but I must not know the right terminology. I have a full size Chevy Silverado, and the bed has "Stake Pockets" at each corner. Does anyone know what these panels are called or maybe even where to buy a set?

I have seen them on trucks on the road, some with just two side panels and some with panels on all four sides. I could also make a set if there were plans available.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:47 AM
Can't you just get some wood that will fit the stake holes (I haven't measured on my F150 but IIRC they're a common size, 1x2 or something) and then nail or screw some cheap plywood panels to them? Just get a sheet or two of inexpensive 1/4" or 3/8" plywood, doesn't have to be anything expensive to hold yard waste in.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Charter Member
I have always called them sideboards. I built a set for an old Dodge pickup out of cheap pine boards and they lasted for years. I used 2x3's for the uprights. A quick check on Google doesn't show any commercially made sideboards, you will have to make them yourself.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off