Old 07-23-2006, 12:11 AM
BANNED
Origin of the "ay-yi-yi" song

AaaYYY -yi-yi-yiiiiiiii
Your grandmother swims after troopships!
So sing me another verse
Worse than the other verse
And waltz me around by my willy!

I'm sure we all know a few verses of this song, but where did it come from? Was there a Mexican original? What were the original (presumably Spanish) lyrics?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:15 AM
I Am the One Who Bans
This is an utterly incomplete answer, but "Waltz me around again, Willie" is a real song. Here are the words.
Old 07-23-2006, 12:24 AM
I heard it:
Ay-yi-yi-yi
Insert phrase here, like the one above or any insulting variation like"you're mom likes frozen burritos")
So sing me a chorus
I'll lick your clitoris
And waltz me around by my willy

I think we called it the "Gay cabayero"?

There once was agay caballero
an exceedingly gay caballero
who was exceedingly proud of his lomp-omp-a day and one of his lompompaderos.

Is this it?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:30 AM
BANNED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley23
This is an utterly incomplete answer, but "Waltz me around again, Willie" is a real song. Here are the words.
I know, I know, I saw Tintypes!
Old 07-23-2006, 12:40 AM
Are you thinking of that stereotypical Spanish song? The one the Frito Bandito song is sung to? It's called Cielito Lindo.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:20 AM
Charter Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobo85
Are you thinking of that stereotypical Spanish song? The one the Frito Bandito song is sung to? It's called Cielito Lindo.
That's what I was thinking.
Old 07-23-2006, 10:47 AM
SD Curator of Critters
As mentioned already, the Ay-yi-yi-yi song is definitely sung to the tune of Cielito Lindo (My Little Heaven/Sky).

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksgirl
There once was agay caballero
an exceedingly gay caballero
who was exceedingly proud of his lomp-omp-a day and one of his lompompaderos.

Is this it?
No, the risque version of Gay Caballero is not sung to the tune of Cielito Lindo. I am not sure, but I believe it is sung to the same tune as the clean(er) version, a 1934 novelty song by Frank Crumit, perhaps best known for Abdul Abulbul Amir.