Old 12-24-2006, 02:57 PM
What's going on in this video? (interviewer laughing)

I came across this video at YouTube, labeled The Funniest Video in the World, and I can't figure out what's going on.

A man is interviewing a woman who appears to be in a wheelchair, along with another man who might have an unusually high-pitched voice. The mood is somber, and the crowd is stone-faced, but the interviewer cannot stop laughing.

The problem is that it is in some language I do not understand (some Scandinavian language, maybe?)
Old 12-24-2006, 03:18 PM
I've heard it is on a show similar to SNL but in some other country.
Old 12-24-2006, 03:46 PM
It's the guy's high voice, and I kinda can't blame the host.
Old 12-24-2006, 07:25 PM
He seems to be laughing at the guy's voice, and it's probably a performance. If it were "real," at least a few other people would be laughing too.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:04 AM
According to different sites on the Net, the language in the video is Flemish. The clip is from a comedy show; the sketch is about a talk show host interviewing people who have had botched medical operations.

A translation can be found here; scroll down to about halfway.

Quote:
Spoof indeed. From "In de Gloria", out of Belgium.

(The sketch that this clip is taken from is about survivors of medical accidents)

[Interviewer]: "You had a normal life before then, and then, bam, you come out of narcosis and you notice life won't be similar anymore. How do you react to that?"

[Woman]: "First with disbelief..."

[Man (in High Voice)]: "Disbelief is actually the right word, ..."

(interrupted by laughter)

[Man continues]: "... disbelief is the right word that Marijke uses here because at first I thought 'that can't be', 'that ...'"

(more laughter)

[Interviewer]: "Excuse me. Excuse me ladies and gentlemen."

[Interviewer]: "So you try, as far as your future goes, ..."

(laughter)

[Man]: "I really don't understand ..."

[Interviewer]: "Excuse me. Sorry. My apologies ladies and gentlemen. (recovers) That means that sexuality also becomes a problem...?"

[Woman]: "Yes, my boyfriend left me."

[Man]: "The fact is, that when your talking about sex, it's not just about the physical, but also the sweet talk ..."

(raucous laughter)

...and so forth for another minute of the clip.