Old 04-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Has anyone ever bought the "Elmo Knows Your Name" toy cell phone?

My nephew's birthday party is next weekend. We went out to buy the gift today and decided to get the Elmo Knows Your Name toy cell phone (why, yes, I was aiming for maximal fraternal irritation...). You are supposed to be able to program the child's name into the phone through the web page, but when I click "Program your Phone" I get a 500 error. This is extremely irritating, just not to my brother (yet)...damn karma.

My question is, has anyone bought this toy recently, and if you have, is there an alternate web page to go to for the programming?
Old 04-15-2007, 06:12 PM
Fixed link, though at least the original link I had goes to the actual error page I get...

Last edited by jayjay; 04-15-2007 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I find the phrase "Elmo knows your name" vaguely threatening.

(and i dont get the error. you need Adobe flash player 8 to view according to the site, heres the url they give to download the player here) )

Last edited by Malodorous; 04-15-2007 at 06:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:56 PM
Thank you! I completely missed that...
Old 04-16-2007, 02:24 AM
Yep, I thought this would like one of those talking toys which supposedly says someting vulgar, but instead he threatens you. Anyone remember that Simpsons episode where he says "Elmo knows where you live" to Homer when he defaults on a PBS pledge?

The cultural diversity is fabulous, although they seem to ignore certain common names like "Osama" for some reason. It was amusing for a few minutes to have Elmo repeat "Adolf" several times though.